1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos on A&E

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spaceman, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Editude

Editude Active Member

The record number of "freakins" and "friggins" was odd, but I enjoyed the body language in the characters' initial interactions. Gandolfini seemed a little more natural as well.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

No truer statement could have been made!

3. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I didn't have HBO when the Sopranos started and I've started watching it on A&E. Seemed pretty good. Am I missing too much?

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You forget how subtle the humor is until you see the shows again. Some old favorites from the first two shows re-run on AE.

1. Pussy and Chris trying to throw the dead Czech into the dumpster, and getting it about 2 feet off the ground.
    2. Chris then saying: "Lucas Brasi sleeps with the fishes."
    3. Tony beating the shit out of the dumbass Bada Bing bartender because he couldn't figure out the new phone. (By the way, hasn't it been a running gag that he abuses a Bing bartender once each season?).
    4. Tony giving the therapist his version of he and Chris chasing down the guy who owed them money, running him over with the car, THEN, beating the shit out of him as "We had coffee."
    5. And even though they edited it, Anthony Jr. griping: "So no fuckin' ziti?"

5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

My favorite Tony line from last night, paraphrased:

"I've had a semester-and-a-half of college. I know all about Freud."

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I own all the box sets, and yet I still find myself watching an old episode or two of The Sopranos every night on HBO onDemand.

Tony just beat the shit out of the Bada Bing bartender for using too much ice.

7. Editude

Editude Active Member

Good thing Tony wasn't around for all the times I've screwed up transferring a phone call. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted