1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos on A&E

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spaceman, Jan 11, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They shot alternate versions of scenes for Sex in the City too.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Sex in the City really wasn't edited that much for it's run on TBS. The few episodes I've seen on TBS are almost exactly the same as the HBO versions.

BET is just bleeping out some words in The Wire, for what it's worth.

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I tried watching Sporanos on A&E, and was disappointed. I want my gratuitous violence, language and nudity enedited. The Bada needs to have some Bing to it.

As far as Sex & the City, it's pretty enjoyable on TBS. Aside from no nudity and some language editing, it's basically the same show.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'd forgotten how annoying Nancy Marchand's character was on the show... a long way from Mrs. Pynchon

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

This is frickin' unacceptable.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

There's a network up here --the Telalatino Network--hat runs it every night at 11:00, completely unedited. And for the benefit of the close to 500,000 Italian Canadians living in the Toronto area, they're also showing it dubbed in Italian.

7. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I think our lovely country runs it on a major broadcast network (CTV), also unedited, no?
    Viva la Canada.

It was astonishing to watch those early episodes last night, not for the bleeping (which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be), but for how good it was then. It was so good a show back then that you could take out the extraneous cussing and body parts and it still holds up, big time.

Meadow went from a chubby in the pilot to skinny as a rail in episode 2. Everyone looks so young, especially Gandolfini. Even his accent was different. I'd forgotten how good that show was in its early days, given the unevenness of the last couple of seasons. And how good Nancy Marchand was.

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Agreed. I'd never seen the pilot and the first two things that surprised me were how young the cast was and how dark the humor was. My parents got a kick out of Nancy Marchand's character and now I can see why - her mannerisms were just like my late grandmother's (RIP) after my grandfather (RIP) passed away, despite all the efforts that my father made.

9. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

What are they going to do when they get to last year's season, and Ben Kingsley's 10-second "fuuuuuuuuuuck" on the plane?

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fuuuuuuuuuuuudge.

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Gratuitous nudity? There is no such thing!

12. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

The word for "free" in French is "gratuit". Nudity is never free :)

Draft saved Draft deleted