1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos add an hour

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Nov 21, 2006.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I seriously would not be surprised to hear that another season is a possibility.

Several show regulars are getting all antsy with the end in sight. Taking off while still relatively on top seems like a good idea, I guess, right up to the point where you can actually see the end.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yes but the bad news is it's going to take David Chase 11 years to do the ninth show.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

i.e. Cheers.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

As great as this cast is, I don't think too many of them are going to be that much in demand after the series is canceled. Gandolfini, Falco, Bracco and Imperioli will be fine... The rest of them will be begging to be extras in mob flicks. Look at the career path of Big Pussy since his character was killed...

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, can you imagine someone casting Paulie Walnuts as the loving grandpa in a heart-warming Christmas movie?

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

The rest of them will go back to being what they were...character actors.

Except Silvio, who has some other career options.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Meet The Parents III: the Return of Paulie. He's Robert DeNiro's mobster father.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Please, for the love of good storytelling, don't add an extra season. (Don't think it's happening anyway, since they've already shot six of the nine episodes). The one drawback of watching The Wire get stronger every season is that it has highlighted the what a meandering art house festival Season 5 of the Sopranos turned into.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It's my understanding that HBO paid a ton of money to the supporting actors for the final season and that they are not particularly inclined to extend the show any further. Given the lack of a real "go to" show to lure new subscribers to HBO (with the possible exception of Entourage), they might relent when everyone works out the finances.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maybe the ninth show is a retrospective or a Very Special Episode of The Sopranos.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Or Maybe Chris just snorts heroin again, and stares off into the sky for 52 minutes during a Fourth of July show.

Draft saved Draft deleted