1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/3 - Second to final episode

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Stupid

Stupid Member

Yeah but his relationship with Melfi is sort of the crux of the whole series and for her to cut ties, seemingly forever, left Tony rudderless. His world could not get any more fucked than it is right now unless his family got hit.

Besides, the final session with Melfi was a great scene for Gandolfini and Bracco, IMO.

So much for the whole Tony-AJ thing though. I think the last significant scene with AJ had Tony doing what he instinctively felt he should have done all along — put a boot in his ass.

2. My money is it's a red herring but it'll add to the suspense if Paulie and Tony are alone in the next episode, with no doubt a flashback or two from their boat trip. Who knows? Maybe Paulie approached hairdo after Paulie's scare on the boat? It's all up in the air.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

didnt see it but ok.

4. Stupid

Stupid Member

Butch is his name, I believe. I'd love to see him eat lead before the end of next week's show.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Carmela, Meadow and AJ = dead.

"You know they never go after the family."

6. Sil to Tony: "Paulie said he wants it known it's on him. He takes full responsibility ... uh, but that he didn't do nothin'."

Priceless.

7. chews2lose2

chews2lose2 New Member

Was the slam dunk screwed up on purpose?

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned the boat scene earlier. Paulie seemed willing to walk into his own death there. He can be a prick, but could he back-stab Tony to this level? The boat scene makes me think not.

9. I don't think Paulie is playing the other side in this. If there's anything we learned from the episode earlier in the season it's that Paulie, for all his warts, is old school and seems to be fiercely loyal to Tony and his family. Over the years, we have seen that devotion in the form of the painting he had re-done as well as the conversations with Tony on their trip to Florida.

That said, I have no idea how this is going to end. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

10. I dunno. The look Paulie had on his face when Tony turned his back on him and walked into the kitchen as they were packing to leave ...

I think he's capable of playing both sides right down to the last second, covering his ass just in case.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

as i've said before, i try not to overthink this stuff. i'll spend my week not wondering at all about what wll happen. i'll just enjoy whatever chase gives me. ;D 8) ;D

12. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

great move to bring them all back to Livia Soprano's house.

Draft saved Draft deleted