1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/3 - Second to final episode

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Also, a Godfather musical homage: at the meeting where Tony issues the marching orders to try to take out NY, there's a short snippet of (I am pretty sure) "La Cavalliera Rusticana," the opera at the end of "Godfather III" where Mary Corleone gets killed, Michael Corleone gets shot, and in effect the entire saga comes to an end.

2. Personally, I thought it dragged down the episode a bit. Guess that puts me in the "blood on the sidewalk" fan category but his relationship with his therapist doesn't seem to compare with all the other shit in his life right now ... maybe Zeke or DD can point out the symbolism of it ... that's why I like this board.

3. Isn't that Sil's counterpart ... consigliere or whatever ...

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

this episode was like a chess match between NY and NJ. and it looks like NY will come away with the victory...

the sheer unpredictability and intensity did make this episode alot of fun too. like when tony was talking to carm about packing her bags and when he began dumping the clothes out of the closet on a sobbing AJ.

it was obvious that bobby was dead as soon as they showed his phone in the car ringing and him in the train shop. but still, the entire scene was chilling and well filmed like always.

can't wait for next week, but i wish it was 2 hours instead of 1. gonna miss it when its over...

i also thought for a second that tony may off himself at the end of this episode.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If Phil dies...who's the boss?

6. All eyes point to Paulie, who's had a close relationship with the hairdo in the past and would probably be Phil's ideal guy to lead the Jersey crew. It's no coincidence Paulie wasn't on Phil's list "We'll work with who's left." Is Paulie a knowing participant? I think that's what we're supposed to think ...

7. Therapy has potential for noncriminals; for criminals it becomes one more criminal operation.

Big, hard-to-miss close-up of those words as Melfi read them.

8. The scary guy with the buggy eyes? Can't remember his name. Either him or little Carmine, but Carmine doesn't want it. Then again they have so many people ...

9. chews2lose2

chews2lose2 New Member

I totally agree!

10. Well, Paulie didn't exactly slam dunk managing the hit on Phil, so ...

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I think it's a bit too obvious but it makes sense. Wouldn't Paulie be ahead of Bobby in rank of who to kill unless something was up? They didn't even contemplate him as a choice. I found that odd.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

It was obvious .... when someone posted that spoiler, without a warning, weeks ago.

asshole

Draft saved Draft deleted