1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 6/10 -- THE END

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Is there going to be a movie?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Maybe

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Fuck you, David Chase

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. loulou

loulou Member

Cool!

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

If he has, indeed, been whacked, that has to be the vantage point we are viewing from.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Having watched it twice now, what grabs my attention is when Tony walks in to the restaurant and we see the scene from his viewpoint, then there's a quick switch and we see exactly the same viewpoint but now Tony is sitting at the table. I don't know why but that is where I wondered what the heck had just happened.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Chase's shoutout to Stanley Kubrick and the hotel scene from 2001?

5. Simon_Cowbell

They did a few cuts like that in the ep.

The song playing in AJ's car and then in a music video at the house was cut seamlessly.

Then the jarring three-second "scene" with Carm in the bathtub.

BTW, anyone notice AJ, I believe for the first time, shuffle down the stairs in the robe and the wife beater?

6. Henry, that was my thought exactly. There is the exact same cut earlier in the episode when Tony goes to visit Uncle Junior.

I always interpreted those cuts in Kubrick movies as the passage of large amounts of time, such as at the end of 2001 that you mentioned. I wonder what Chase meant by them?

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

My cable must not be working properly. I couldn't find "The Sopranos" tonight.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Black screen. Keep flipping, it's there somewhere.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I found it.

They ordered seconds on the onion rings.

Tony was calculating the tip when the screen went black.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Someone told me the onion rings at Holsten's are terrible. The lunch menu online doesn't show onion rings, but I'm assured they have them -- and that they're like something you'd be on the frozen-foods aisle and put in the microwave.

Of course, Tony said they're the best in the state. I'd hate to taste the worst!

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Nathan's has the best onion rings in any state they are in. I know they are in Jeersey so Tony is wrong.

12. Simon_Cowbell

I've never had the breaded, calamari-looking rings that Tony was shoving in taste anything but pedestrian anywhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted