1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 5/6 (spoilers): Time to SOGOTP, Chase.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, May 6, 2007.

1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I think you missed the point of the shooting. It was Chris who used J.T. Remember, Chris was starting to whine about how J.T. used him when it came to writing the movie when J.T. reminded him who used whom. (J.T. wrote it; Chris took credit for it.) When J.T. finally stood up to him, that's when Chris shot him. Everyone outside the family who stands up to the core characters is dealt with, and harshly.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I still think it was because somebody Chris could actually get away with killing finally gave him a reason. And the way he pulled it off was definitely all business.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I think Christopher flips.

4. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

This is the first time I'm looking at this thread today and I've seen no mention of Tony reaching out to help Agent Harris with the Arabs.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That will definitely become a major plot point in the last few episodes, but I think it will turn out to be fool's gold for Tony -- he THINKS Ahmed and Mohammed are involved in terrorism, but I bet it turns out they aren't.

Chase has been slipping in editorial comments that he thinks the "war on terror" is a witch-hunt for several seasons now. I bet almost anything the Muslim guys end up having nothing to do with terror. (Of course, due to the Bush Administration's total fuckup of the "war on terror," it's now taken for granted among a lot of people that no Muslims, anywhere, are involved in terrorism, at all, in any way. ::) )

One other thing I noticed: The dark-haired agent sitting at the table at Satriale's along with Tony and Agent Harris, and a dark-haired woman at Chris's AA meeting -- looked almost exactly identical -- you'd think maybe they were twin brother and sister -- the Feds closing in on Tony's family from several different directions?

6. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

7. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I think with last night's performance, Robert Iler earned himself a career beyond The Sopranos.

It was like seeing Annakin going over to The Dark Side, only a billion times better.

Evil was born last night, for better or for worse.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I still think he backs right off once he starts to see the repercussions of his actions.

9. Now that you brought it up, what about it? I thought it was pretty much expected. Wouldn't be surprised if it bites someone in the ass.

10. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

I don't know what I think to be honest. I just found it interesting that Tony is reaching out to Agent Harris. At the very least, there seems to be a certain level of respect between the two after years of Agent Harris working to help bring Tony down.

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

When Tony called Chris for the Muslim names, I was thinking that this was going to be Tony's downfall - trying to be a soldier in the war on terror.

I've always been curious as to whether A.J. or Meadow would join the family business and I always thought it might be Meadow, but she seems to be heading toward her mother's life as A.J. heads towards his dad's.

More and more, I am agreeing with the idea that this world is not ending in four episodes. It's just not being written in such a manner, trying to tie up every loose end.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

No.

It was the realization of all he had said to someone who gave not half a shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted