1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 5/6 (spoilers): Time to SOGOTP, Chase.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, May 6, 2007.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Seems like Bobby earned Tony's respect after kicking his ass earlier in the season.

Is Meadow going to do anything remotely interesting before the series ends?

The episode's star was obviously Chris. It's been said in this thread, but a powerful performance from Imperioli. I'm just waiting for the big blowoff between Chris and Paulie, which hopefully happens.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The show is built on hypocrisy.

3. The RUssian and the ducks got eaten by the bear that was in Tony's yard.

4. Tony didn't reject Chris's substance abuse roots. It was an epiphany for him to hear about Dickie's habits. He realized at that moment why A.J. was acting that way.

5. Stupid

Stupid Member

so does Chris' sloppy execution of the writer lead to his arrest and subsequent ratting out of the guys he supposedly has come to hate?

Will AJ be seduced by the power his name wields? Was he so amped up after coming home because of the anti-depressants or because of taking part in the muscle move on the welsher?

6. chews2lose2

chews2lose2 New Member

bostonbred...AMEN TO A GREAT BLOWUP BETWEEN PAULIE AND CHRIS. IT'S A LONG TIME COMING!

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Agree with everyone. Great episode. I didn't anticipate Christopher shooting the AA writer in the head, but when they cut to that scene and showed Christopher knocking on his door, my thought process was, "Why does this dumb shit open the door when he looks through the peephole and sees Christopher?" Every time Christopher showed up at the guy's door in the past, the guy ended up with a swollen face or a mirror broken over his head.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I laughed my ass off when Chris brought up Sal Vitro. You're right; the guy can't ever catch a break. Maybe he'll at least get paid for this job.

The shots of Paulie doing the lawn job at Chris' house were hysterical. The guy was on a mission, and didn't give a shit if he was tearing up his own Caddy in the process. Knocking down that last tree right in front of the window as Chris' wife was looking out was a nice touch.

And for Write Brained, that stripper was NASTY. Usually the dancers at the Bing are hot as hell, but she was old, used up and too skinny. They must have been going for that look on her for some reason.

9. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Chris almost has to be questioned here, doesn't he? There's a pretty public association between the two because of "Cleaver."

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Too obvious. As is constantly pointed out, the obvious stuff rarely happens on this show.

11. Stupid

Stupid Member

Yeah, but that's a pretty high-profile murder to be just swept away.

12. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

We also learned that Tony is a Rush fan, as he pulled into his driveway blasting Tom Sawyer. Say what you will about his character and his morals, the man's got good musical taste.

Draft saved Draft deleted