1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 5/6 (spoilers): Time to SOGOTP, Chase.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, May 6, 2007.

1. He definitely talked about a lot of shit he shouldn't have been talking about throughout the episode ... wonder how loose his lips are going to get and when he's going to say something to the wrong guy.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

It's not the same girl. Meadow's roomie freshman year was Caitlin. She said tonight the girl who killed herself sophomore year was Hadley.

3. Well, there you go. Thank you. I knew someone out there would have that committed to memory. :)

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

No problem. It's hard to keep track of everything, especially considering the fact this show has been around for what, around nine years? Hard to believe.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Awesome, awesome episode. Never saw Chris killing his friend, no matter how cold he was, and AJ's 180 from man in misery to lap dances at the Bing and rolling with young mobsters was something else.

Oh, and Chrissy-Paulie disputes are always classic. I will be watching this episode again. Well done.

6. Re-watched it, prompting a few more notes:

- Poor Sal Vitro (the landscaper). Now he has to re-sod Christopher's lawn. Anyone think he'll get paid for that?

- AJ got a lapdance by what appeared to be a Stegasauras. I don't usually point out other people's body types but that girl's spine was clearly poking out of her skin in a not so flattering way ... she may need to get that checked out ...

- I really liked the scene near the end where Tony pulled his sawed-off out of the truck when he heard a vehicle (AJ's) racing up the driveway. That scene - including Tony discreetly putting the gun back - have stuck with me tonight and I'm not sure why.

I'll leave the rest up to you deep thinkers.

7. I believe there's a Hadley in the book "Prozac Nation," one of the author's various Harvard depressives. Perhaps a nod of the cap by Chase to another artiste in the mental-health-as-psychological-drama genre?

8. chews2lose2

chews2lose2 New Member

INKY...YOU GOT IT RIGHT...DESTINY!!!  ;D

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I think the reference to the girl throwing herself off the roof was actually a nod to the rash of suicides at NYC colleges a few years ago. If I recall correctly, more than one student at Columbia and/or NYU took a dive off the library roof.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I thought that it was a very good episode, but the weakest of an excellent year. We've been over the fact that Chrissy's recovery is incompatible with the mob life. Great job acting by MI, excellent writing, but I've felt that we've done this already.

I love when Tony is trying to compliment AJ. He's "smart and hard working?" Even after those lies, all that Tony can come up with is AJ's skin color.

Since he broke his cherry, it seems that Bobby is now in the inne inner circle. Very well done scene at the BBQ between JG and MI.

They never would make fun of Chrissy's daugther by saying that she'd be a stripper.

He sure is a good aim with a bunch of vodka in him.

I love how Tony rejects the inherited nature of Chrissy's substance abuse problems, but is willing to use that excuse with AJ.

11. chews2lose2

chews2lose2 New Member

It seems we've done all of this already. I thought this would be more of an outstanding goodbye. Tony no longer exists and it's Tony Jr. How much longer till Carmela figures out that her husband had Adrienna whacked? And where are the ducks? No story line ever gets finished! Where is the Russian from the woods...with the ducks?

12. the fop

the fop Member

Loved Tony have to bag hitting on the stripper at the Bing to counsel A.J.

". . . and you're white. You can't underestimate that. Go get a blowjob."

"I don't want a blowjob."

Draft saved Draft deleted