1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 5/6 (spoilers): Time to SOGOTP, Chase.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, May 6, 2007.

1. Well, the thing is, every episode this season has had this sense of dread hanging over it - we thought Paulie was going to get whacked and we thought Bobby was going to get whacked. Then out of nowhere, Christopher pulls out a gun and just shoots his buddy through the forehead.

I go home after getting drunk and think, "Oh, my God, I embarrassed myself in front of some chick at the bar." Imagine waking up and you fucking killed one of your friends over nothing. I mean, there's no correcting that. That was what just threw me. That and the fact that it seemed to put him in such a better place. Like, going out and punching a wall isn't enough for this guy. His release is killing someone. Nothing else is enough.

2. That and the, "This is Tony Soprano Jr. Know what that means?"

I don't think A.J. ever had until that moment.

What a pussy, though, with his moping over the Puerto Rican chick. Thing is, though, I've read that young men get way more emotionally attached than women do, regardless of common perception.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

He didn't kill him over nothing.

With what he blurted to JD, he would have had to go.

4. I can sometimes forget just how great Michael Imperioli can be because of Falco and Gandolfini's consistent brilliance, but he was absolutely tremendous once again tonight. Just when you sympathize with him again, he instantly reminds you he's a cold blooded killer.

Great episode.

5. Simon_Cowbell

First time we have heard him called "Tony"

6. Simon_Cowbell

Imperioli does more with his eyes than anyone I have seen on TV.

And Gandolfini almost crying about AJ was tremendous.

7. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

Really great episode. Imperioli really knocked it out of the park. Great job.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I also got the impression Chris came to the same realization Tony did a couple of episodes ago - he doesn't have any real friends.

Paulie doesn't respect Chris enough to keep from boosting power tools from his FIL. Then, when Chris makes an effort to connect, Paulie makes a joke about his infant daughter working at the Bing. He goes to somebody he thinks he can confide in, and he's reminded that he can't have an honest conversation with him.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think we're done with "A.J."
    It's Tony Soprano Jr., now.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Thought the same thing.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

The complete transformation of AJ
    The "return" of Christopher
    Paulie being Paulie
    The reconiliation of Tony's "families," right down to the final dining room table scene

Ready to watch the HBO West repeat right now

Just a fantastic episode!

12. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Before Chris blew away his friend (whose name escapes me), this is what I was thinking when he was talking about Ade, Ralphie and Sammy the Bull:

[​IMG]

=

[​IMG]

?

Draft saved Draft deleted