1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos 5/6 (spoilers): Time to SOGOTP, Chase.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, May 6, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Maybe her "mystery date" was one of the girls from the Bing
    ;D

2. blueview

blueview Member

The mystery date had me guessing for a couple minutes. Then I shrugged it off, because somehow, as someone stated on a previous Sopranos thread, Chase has a penchant for the red herring tactic.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Now there's an interesting subplot for Meadow...

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

See below:

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Dumb shit point: Chris's father in law is driving the same maroon 1996 Cadillac DeVille with tan top that they had Big Pussy driving. Same rims and everything.

6. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

If this ends in the next 4 episodes, I think it ends with Chris-ta-phuh flipping to the Feds after he gets charged with J.T.'s murder. He walked right out of JT's apartment, no attempting to get his prints off the doorknob or any of JT's stuff, nothing.
    And what if JT's apartment complex has security cameras and he can be tied to the scene?
    With the way he was talking, I think it could happen.
    I saw him fixing the tree as he walked into his house as an affirmation of life - new life, perhaps??

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Just to pick a nit, he did open the doorknob with his shirt sleeve on the way out.

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Good catch - I didn't notice that.....

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think others have nailed this - anybody expecting the series to tie up all the loose ends will be disappointed.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Seriously....

They HAVE to leave it somewhat open-ended with Tony alive.

Right now, Gandolfini yaps and yaps about how he is tired of Tony, but once he gets back out there in real Hollywood and realizes that he is Alan Alda all over again, perhaps a rich man's David Caruso, in a few years he will be itching for a lucrative Hollywood movie for our Jersey boys.

It will finally be the chance for these actors to make the money they feel they have been screwed out of.

So, Chase has to tightrope this fucker, giving us plausibility and as many main characters to survive to the silver screen without totally alienating the fan base.

11. I see almost no way that Chris flips. And I doubt that he gets busted for that murder even more. Why should it be different than any other murder on the show and now all of a sudden he gets caught. He wasn't that sloppy.

12. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Hellfighters, the John Wayne movie that Tony makes A.J. stop to watch is on AMC right now

Draft saved Draft deleted