1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sopranos - 5/13

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by melock, May 13, 2007.

1. Son of a bitch ... Brilliant episode. Didn't see that coming, did we ...

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was some fucking episode. One of the best hours I've ever seen, anywhere. Wow.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'd bet that happens.

Until the accident, I thought Christopher was jumpy because he'd already gone to the feds.

Man, I can't get over how amazing that episode was.

Episodes like this make me want to watch the whole series over again on DVD. There's so much to appreciate in every hour.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Thing is, Chris was clearly a goner.

I wish he wasn't so obviously about to die anyway.

And I believe, as I did at the time, that Carm's breakdown of Cleaver played a big part in his demise.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

When I saw Chris wearing the Cleaver hat, it reminded me of episode a couple of seasons ago who wore a wire in his hat.

Tony knew he was on drugs before the crash. He felt that he needed to eliminate Chrissy sooner or later. Between the drugs and the movie, he knew that Chrissy was weak.

6. chews2lose2

chews2lose2 New Member

Well said. Tony has been pissed off at someone every episode this season. Last night also proved that AJ wants none of this beatdown shit. He seems sick about it.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Chris wasn't going to die. If Tony called 911 right away, things would have been fine. The babyseat in the back of the car was Tony's excuse, despite the non-factor that it was.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

One of my favorite scenes was the reaction of the guys when they were told Christopher wasn't wearing a seatbelt and they all recoil.

Also loved the contrast with the beautiful desert scene and Tony's drug-inspired insight with the smelly garbage truck dumping the asbestos crap into the water.

And the baby seat was Tony's lame attempt to get people to agree that maybe Christopher deserved what he got so he would feel less guilty.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

"he's dead!"

to me, that was tony celebrating the end of his losing streak. after weeks of losing his shirt, thinking he'd lost it, suddenly he's high in vegas and winning everything. the loser in him is dead.

he's enjoys the sex again. enjoys the winning streak. enjoys being free of christopher. the selfish prick is back and happy to be there.

methinks: a.j.'s a goner. which that leads tony out of the biz into witness protection, singing his way to arizona. a real "soprano."

but who really knows? i just enjoy the ride.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

What I never understood is the concept of Tony going into witness protection. The guy is a mob boss. Those are the people that the Feds want to arrest. They don't give a shit about lame fucks like Paulie or Christopher. They are constantly going after the head with the theory that the body dies.

The entire theory of him going into it is just absurd.

11. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Not this it's important, but this is the second episode this season to echo real-life events: the Asian guy who had Virginia Tech overtones, and now a Corzine-like NJ SUV crash without a seatbelt.

That's also two shows in a row with "Comfortably Numb."

12. I also thought the "he's dead" was about Tony's losing streak/unhappiness, both with the gambling and the threat Christopher posed. This goes along with us hearing the sound of the ducks quacking and flying away just before the crew came in to console Tony in his bedroom.

Man, was that an amazing episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted