1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sooooo, anybody remember that Jeopardy online quiz from earlier this year?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Omar_dont_scare, Aug 13, 2008.

1. I just got an e-mail invitation to an audition.

Anyone else?

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Nope. Good job Omar.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Well done.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The only thing I'd expect to get from my test would be an invitation to not be such a dumbass.

5. Just sent Birdscribe a PM for advice. I'm all excited.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Congrats.

7. jps

jps Active Member

not done the jeopardy! thing, but did make it through several rounds of cuts on another 'how much do you know' type game show. one thing I learned from talking with folks there was that personality counts almost as much - in some ways more - than what you know. be yourself. (while I did well on the quiz questions, pretty sure personality got me to the final audition stage more than anything.)

let the producers see that, yes, you make ken jennings look like rain man at a swap meet. .but you've also gotta show them that you've got charisma.

and one last thing ...

if I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times -- poise counts!

8. Does sweating profusely count as poise?

9. jps

jps Active Member

i think you're good as long as you don't flick it onto the contestant next to you. or alex.

10. jps

jps Active Member

edit: waaaaay wrong thread.
    ;)

11. Deskhack

Deskhack Member

Nice job, Omar. I got to the Jeopardy audition in Seattle last year, though, as yet, I haven't got The Call from the producers, though I still have about another year of eligibility ahead of me.

The best news of this is that you're pretty much in the contestant pool. They'll give you another 50-question quiz, this time on paper, and you'll get to play a fake game with the actual Jeopardy signaling devices. It's actually a fun experience, and their contestant coordinators make sure that things stay light and relaxed. You'll have a good time, even if you don't make the show.

Best advice I can give you. Study for the quiz (it's about like the online one), wear what you'd wear if you were on the show, be on time, SPEAK UP in the fake game and follow ALL of the contestant coordinator's directions.

12. Such as?

Draft saved Draft deleted