1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sons of Guns? More like Sons of Lies!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jul 26, 2011.

1. That show looked interesting. I watched about five minutes of last week and thought "fake with shit acting."

I hate this crap... It's one of the reasons I quit watching Pawn Stars.
    I used like Operation Repo, until I found it was faked.

2. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

The most obvious thing about the fake reality of Pawn Stars is Chumlee. Seriously, if the dude was truly that retarded, he'd have never lasted long enough at the pawn shop to have ever been on the show in the first place. In a similar role is Brettly on American Restoration. He's shown as a total doof who makes Chumlee look like Einstein and yet he still has a job there.

American Pickers may be the only "real" reality show* and I think it's because it doesn't have a retarded Chumlee/Brettly character that they feel a need to artificially inject into storylines to create tension.

* - I see Deadliest Catch as more of a documentary-style show. With the danger involved in the job, there would seem to be no need to artificially inject drama.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

American Pickers pisses me off. The basically brag about ripping people off. What dicks!

4. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

THIS!!!! Thank you!! I was starting to think I was the only one who felt this way! I've argued about this with Mrs. G too many times that the whole point of this show is to dupe a bunch of old people out of antiques that are worth a lot more than what they're worth. And when someone wants fair value they talk about it like the people are nuts!

Back to the subject, I've seen Sons of Guns, and enjoyed most of them, but could care less about the stories and more of some of the cool things they've done to the guns, as long as it doesn't come out they faked how the guns were made I'll occasionally watch it. I've always considered "storylines" in "reality" shows BS

5. I think the short fat guy on Pickers is a dick. Without the other guy (Mike?) the show is a flop cause he's a good people person... And yeah, I think at times they do hose people.

And I think a lot of the show is set up too...

Draft saved Draft deleted