1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, May 19, 2009.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Excellent, excellent episode.
    Powerful final 20 minutes.
    Set up next season nicely.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Totally agree.

One question: why did they need Tara to be the driver of the car near the end? Would Jax really allow her, pregnant and after all she'd been through, do that? I didn't get why she had to be there (vest on or not).

3. Shoeless Joe

Not sure about why Tara had to be there. Clay said they couldn't spare the prospects but I didn't see them doing anything until the setup.
    I'm glad Stahl got her's, and I'm real glad Opie did it.

Here's what I see for next season:
    jump forward a year with the Sons getting out of jail, Hale has been elected mayor and Unser is retired, so they are going to have to deal with that. Tara will have had the baby (meaning they don't ever have to show her pregnant) and will struggle through the first half of the season on whether or not to show Jax the letters from JT.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

That sounds about right. I am so glad Stahl got hers. Not only did the character just get ridiculous (I think Alan Sepinwall called her cartoonish), but I had trouble looking at Ally Walker's face. Girlfriend has had some BAD plastic surgery. I'm wondering which FX show she'll end up on, since her husband is president of the network.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Burned through the season the last couple of days. Glad I did, it was hard enough following all the Irish bullshit watching it back to back.
    That said - it was an interesting season, the constant double-crosses and high body count did get ridiculous.
    I was almost hoping Jax let kid stay with his adoptive parents - would have been powerful - but also would have meant about 50 people died for nothing.
    My main pique with the season was that people are willing to fly to Ireland, jump bail and kill people for someone else's kid - but then sign off on letting some scumbag who killed a brother/sister/father/cousin go free for a chance at a payday/deal down the road.
    I understand they aren't supposed to be deep thinkers, but really.

I guess we'll have the Russians as the villians of the season next season.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Like others have said, Season 3 was a little tiring to watch, with all the Irish BS and whatnot.

That said, I enjoyed the season and look forward to next.

My favorite part of the show? The Mayans have way better looking bikes.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I kind of liked it when Cherry went to get the abortion at the anonymous clinic and signed in with the name Sarah Palin. In a pretty intense season - it was a rare moment of levity. Or that the feud between the Kim Cole and Ken Johnson characters was about a dog.

8. Shoeless Joe

Mayans have better looking bikes? No way. Those stupid ape hangers that Hispanics seem to love suck.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

No way. No creativity in SAMCRO. Mostly black Dynas, which suck. The Mayans mostly ride Softails, which are way more comfortable and more customizable.

10. Shoeless Joe

I liked em stripped down. Softtails = Geezer Glide.

If I had the jack for two bikes, I'd like a Street Bob for eveyday riding, blacked out, and a Street Glide with some chrome, for cruising with my wife.

Draft saved Draft deleted