1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, May 19, 2009.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I just started watching this season and I love it (Kurt Sutter is twisted.). The reason I didn't watch last season and the problem I still have is a casting thing. I don't buy Ron Perlman as Clay. I try not to let it affect my enjoyment of the show, but it does.

2. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I didn't know Ron Perlman before this show, that I know of, and I have no problem with the casting of him. And I love Dayton Callie, who plays the cop and was fabulous in Deadwood.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Google the 80s TV show "Beauty and the Beast" and you might see my problem. (Note: I didn't actually watch that show, but the commercials were cheese-tastic.)

4. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Point taken. Guy has quite a list of appearances, but that might be the only show I remember him from. I never watched it either, but I remember that face. He seems to have done a ton of voice work.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000579/

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell of an ending for the season - interesting seeing Kenneth Johnson (Lem from The Shield) show up as an out of town "Son" in for the brawl.

I think Katey Sagal is fantastic on the show. She might be the most underrated actress in TV with three shows on her resume with at least 70 episodes, in addition to "Sons."

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

It stinks we have to wait until next September. I love this show. The ending was good. Sutter said in an interview it set up a trip to Belfast for the crew.

7. DanOregon

So the Sons are going to hook up with some IRA guys? That could be classic. Molotov cocktails vs. chains and brass knuckles.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I loved watching this show this season. I still haven't seen season 1 - damn Netflix and it's "Very Long Wait" for disc 1. I'm really looking forward to watching it and then rewatching season 2 and knowing all the backstory (and being able to turn on the subtitles so I can understand what Chibs is saying).

As I mentioned upthread, I have a problem with Ron Perlman as Clay, but I think the rest of the actors are phenomenal, especially Katey Sagal.

As usual, Alan Sepinwall's blog posts on the show have been terrific and have really enhanced my enjoyment of the show.

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I just watched the season ender last weekend without previously getting into the show. What is up with the supposed Chief of Police? Why did he place the deputy chief in charge and give info to the gang? It seems he is friendly with them, but damn that's a breach of protocol, no?

10. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Unser has been in with SAMCRO from the start. Mostly it was to keep peace in the town. Then after Gemma's ordeal, he started really looking after them.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Anyone have a link to Season 2 shows - to watch onlline? I just finished Season 1 couple of weeks ago. The FX site has the last 4 episodes online, but nothing before that.

12. DanOregon

Chief is dying of cancer - the deputy was initially approached by the Aryans after the Chief said he wouldn't play ball. The Chief has a "deal" with Samcro that he won't meddle in their business as long as they don't crap in their own neighborhood and they keep the drug trade away.

Draft saved Draft deleted