1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sons of Anarchy - The Final Season (Season 7)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WCIBN, Sep 10, 2014.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the black thing has more to do with a promise to Juice than anything. This season has been one long curtain call. I can understand Sutter wanting to send off his actors in style, giving them all their "moments" but the last episode could have used a swerve, Unser killing Gemma, Gemma picking a fight with Jax to make it easier for him to kill her, just wish there were more surprises this year.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

As usual, Sepinwall nails it:

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/how-sons-of-anarchy-ran-off-the-road-before-the-end

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

It always cracks me up when the guy who loves Boardwalk Empire (and the Leftovers for that matter) says SOA needs an editor badly. To each his own I guess.

A couple of the scenes on his list I didn't like. The majority he nailed. That most of them came from the first four seasons is a credit to Ryan Hurst and the character that Opie was rather than an indictment on Sutter's later seasons in my view.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Equally awesome: The count of those killed by SAMCRO, though I haven't seen actual number and haven't bothered to add it up.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/sons-of-anarchy-kill-history-charting-seven-seasons-of-biker-gang-mayhem/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

EDIT: Count seems to be 149, only those killed by a member of SAMCRO, or by honorary member Gemma. Does not count Opie's or other members' deaths, unless committed by a member of the club.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

There she was again, with an obvious connection.

Who the fuck is she?

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I guess it was JT.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Since when did Jax and Tig become buds? I thought Jax was looking forward to icing Tig last year?

9. JimmyHoward33

The fact that it was Vic Mackey driving that truck makes me feel trolled.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

When I saw the initial shot of the semi, I said to myself, if Michael Chiklis is driving that truck I'm gonna fucking scream. But I didn't scream ... just shook my head. Saw that coming from a mile away, and it was just amateurish, unless there's some deeper meaning that I'm missing.

Was not thrilled with the finale, but it wrapped things up OK. Was in keeping with the rest of the season, I suppose. Enjoyed Jax just killing everyone he could think of. And I'm really glad he didn't kill the cop .... the way things were going it sure seemed like he would. Planned to watch the after show this morning, but I guess I deleted it when I stopped the replay. Oh well, doubt I missed much.

11. JimmyHoward33

Sutter said he wanted to have Chiklis just as a cameo/shout out to The Shield as the driver....then they added the scenes last week with him and Gemma after that. It just felt like too much for me----SOA should be its own show. That and the scenes with Jax and CCH Pounder trying to recreate the Vic/Claudette interrogation scene and falling so far short----his scenes with her in the ssn 6 finale were better. As a Sheild fan it did nothing for me. I realize a lot of SOA fans didn't watch The Shield so they may not feel the same way.

I guess I don't mind Jax dying but I mind the suicidal aspects in his mind. He should know better than anyone that you can't control what your kids think after you're gone. He wrote so many times about the harm of hate, and his final "gift" to Abel is to hate his father. Seems....just off.

I would've liked to have seen either Jax explaining this it Chibs, Chibs explaining it to Tig, or the two of them explaining it to the club. All 3 of those being left out kind of says to me, "These guys going along with this makes no sense, but we're going with it, so cut away and play music."

Smits I liked a lot. Opening was strong. I loved that Lyla knew what he was doing immediately because of the way Opie said good bye to her.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Now, I thought he was explaining everything to Chibs when they sat down together on the balcony.

Draft saved Draft deleted