1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sons of Anarchy - The Final Season (Season 7)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WCIBN, Sep 10, 2014.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I can't see next week being anything but anticlimatic after this.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

It probably has something to do with his kids. Or just giving up the patch and moving to the damn farm.

I don't buy that he's suicidal, has no survival instincts. All the times he said his dad was weak because he bailed, let himself die, didn't fight, gave up, and essentially left him to become what he is all twisted up by his mom and stepdad and the MC. He's going to go out and essentially do the same with his two kids? That's hard for me to swallow. Feel like there's some twist coming.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The scene with Gemma was pretty well done, but this show has gone from excellent to god awful in record time. I don't even really care what happens to Jax at this point.

I didn't even realize that was Michael Chiklis until the credits rolled.

4. jr/shotglass

Oh, c'mon. It has not been god awful. It wasn't what it was in the first few years, but it's a long way to god awful.

5. JackReacher

To me, it has.

6. jr/shotglass

OK. But you're living in a world that brought "Bad Judge" to the air this season. ;)

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I agree.

What's Jax's body count now? Could he be considered a serial killer?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. JackReacher

I read on the Uproxx review that it's 79 bodies have dropped over Jax chasing the wrong people. Someone actually counted. Which is awesome.

What's the point of the finale now, anyway? Should we care who gets the guns or territory or dope now? Should we care what happens to Jax? And why? The entire premise of the season was "When will Gemma be found out and get hers?" Well, that's happened now. The end.

9. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I think Jax is going to either accept the Mayhem vote, or kill himself by riding off a cliff.

Any speculation on what original rule in the charter he wanted to see changed?

My guess is the restriction on black members.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine raised the point that Unser was a party to killing Jax's dad, as revealed sometime during the Clay/letters storyline. So he wasn't totally innocent; I didn't think of it, maybe there should've been some subtle call back, but that does change the way I view Jax wasting Wayne a little.

Something about the number of times they've used the word Mayhem in promos and whatnot tells me it's a red herring and that's not how Jax ends. I could be wrong though.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'm more or less with Sonner. I'll be glad when it's over. Just been too much madness going on this season and much of last. I don't care what happens to Jax anymore either, but the stuff with Wayne and Gemma was well done. I think the charter needs to be changed for him to leave without any repercussions, and I'm with Jimmy Howard that he's probably just going to ride off with Wendy and the kids and up either way out in the country or at Nero's farmhouse and settle in like a nice normal family.

12. sostartled

sostartled Member

I think it's the black members thing too. That'll allow the Grim Bastards to patch in.

Draft saved Draft deleted