1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sons of Anarchy - The Final Season (Season 7)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WCIBN, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I'm with you Dyno, lost me at the beginning of that season. I enjoy some cartoon violence but just couldn't willingly suspend disbelief anymore.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Jimmy Smits makes everything he does incredible. That scene at the car....wow.

Not many ways this can end now, but I have to think Jax finds a way to be better than his own dad and saves his sons from the outlaw life.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

As that scene unfolded, I began to think, Smits is going to have an award-worthy moment here. And darned if it wasn't in the ballpark.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This season is ridiculous. And not in a good way.

5. JackReacher

No one here was surprised that Barowski was the snitch, right? That was completely evident the moment he killed the one guy in the store just before he outed him. I read the recaps on Uproxx every week and the writer(s) spent the last few weeks coming up with theories about the snitch being different people, including Chibs. And the most recent recap: "Barowski? Robocop?! That was a surprise."

It was??

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I didn't really care who the snitch was, because a) of course it was Robocop and b) as you noted, this season (and the two before it) has been ridiculous and not in a good way. Still, I thought Tuesday's episode was good, although about 30 minutes too long (as usual). I'm very curious to see how it ends - that's the only reason I watch.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. JackReacher

Yup. I'm committed. I'll finish it out. But I find myself laughing more and more at each episode. Last episode was just a bunch of grown men crying on each other's shoulders.

The scene with Jax and Juice was decent.

8. JimmyHoward33

Not surprised at all. Little surprised they didn't use Collette's death as a reason why or a trigger. Maybe they still will.

Season hasn't been as good as they show at its peak but I don't think it's been all that bad.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I was getting very disgusted with the first 3-4 episodes of the season. I think they've stepped it up sufficiently as they near the end.

10. JimmyHoward33

That's pretty much exactly how I feel about it. Besides the needless sex-montage the last 3-4 epps have been good stuff, and the most recent one was great

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I have enjoyed it mostly, but there's just too much crazy shit going on. There's always been violence, but it's just been so ramped up and over the top this season. It's nowhere near as good as in years past.

12. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

Juice, Gemma & Unser all met their end tonight. Will anyone survive after the finale next week?

We also finally got to see Michael Chiklis in a very small part on the show. Will Catherine Dent show up in next week's series finale to complete The Shield connection?

Any guesses on the "unwritten rule" that the other SOA charter presidents agreed to change for Jax's accepting the mayhem decision? I'm thinking it may have something to do with Jax hoping to keep his two sons away from the MC life.

Draft saved Draft deleted