1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sons of Anarchy Season 6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gehrig, Sep 9, 2013.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge fan or Tara's plan, I think it's too complicated even for a biker-soap.

I think either Unser or Wendy will roll on her. Hurting Gemma is one thing but when it comes time to rip the kids away from Jax, they'll crack. The way Hunam played the pain at the end of the last episode was excellent.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think there's a pretty good indication in this week's trailer that Unser is going to be the weak link in the plan. He's wavering already.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

That's kind of what I thought, too. From the start, he's had a thing with Gemma. Maybe he was onboard with getting the kids away from her because he knows she's nuts, but when she wound up in jail, maybe he changes course.

I don't know that I'm a fan of Tara's plan. There are too many people involved. I just think it's ballsy.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Sutter has gotten a bit self-indulgent - the Walton Goggins character - I mean really? (and you know Tig is going to hit that) - The characters have drifted so much. I really hope there is a scene where Gemma comes clean about why she is so screwed up, why she married the guy who killed her Jax's dad, and why she needs the grandkids so much. With Clay out of the picture, she should be as well - but she's not - mainly because Sagal is married to Sutter (Don't get me wrong, Sagal has deserved an Emmy for previous seasons - but she's such a hot mess lately she's lost her center). All of the characters seem to be chasing their tails fighting to save something that isn't there.
    If this show ends the way it should - Jax should die in some meaningless shootout or traffic accident.

5. Shoeless Joe

I agree. I think the show has jumped the shark from its intended "Hamlet on Harleys" tale to just being Sutter's own personal freak show.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

He already did if I recall correctly, from episode 5 last season. When they tried to blackmail the city councilman or whoever it was. Memory is a bit fuzzy, but this is character is not new.

Sons of Anarchy (TV Series)
    Venus Van Dam
    - Sweet and Vaded (2013) ... Venus Van Dam
    - Salvage (2013) ... Venus Van Dam
    - Orca Shrugged (2012) ... Venus Van Dam

7. JimmyHoward33

Venus rebuffed Tig with some cute one liner IIRC

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Man - I enjoyed the confessions, but everyone seems to be chasing their tails.

9. Shoeless Joe

Katey Sagal really does deserve some awards for her work.

10. JimmyHoward33

Agreed. Some tremendous work by Sagal and Smits.....and Pounder and Hunnam. Not sure where it goes story wise because they are sort of chasing their tails but damn it was great to watch

11. JimmyHoward33

holy sheet

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Ron Perlman looked worse than he ever did as the Beast ...

Draft saved Draft deleted