1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sons of Anarchy Season 6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gehrig, Sep 9, 2013.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Holy shit. Did Jax just set up Tig?

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Jax has repeatedly said once Tig is no longer useful, he is no longer useful. He's had it in for him since Tig killed Donna.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

He did but I don't know if Marks did the job.....there was the bit from last year about doing his own investigation into Pope's murder to make sure Jax didn't do it himself.

I find it hard to believe Kim Coates' last line will be that weak "oh shit." If he was dead he would have gotten a better scene right?

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Here's the thing for me: if Tig gets let off the hook, it's going to seem contrived (as usual with SOA it seems) and too reminiscent of what just happened with Clay in last night's episode. But if they do kill Tig, then there goes another club member (and an important and interesting one). Maybe his story has run its course, and maybe Sutter wants to start paring down the cast as the series winds down, but I'll be sad to see Tig go.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. That's been the deal the entire time with Pope's boy, whatever his name is.

And yeah, if they let Tig off the hook, that's lame. They just did the same thing with Clay. After a while, it gets tiresome.

6. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Two more regular characters killed off again on last night's show. At this rate, there won't be enough left to last for one more season after this one.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Ridiculous. Glad Toric is gone, although it will be interesting to see what the point of him was.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

RIP Filthy Phil.

Caught up on Season five in the last few weeks, which was a really strong season, also appreciated the extended episodes. I thought things were f'd up enough for SOA w/o getting the Nords back involved. Figure the SoCal SOAs will get heavy play (though when I first saw Robert Patrick I thought it was Donal Logue.

Really would have thought the school shooting would have given the MC some pause about what they were doing rather than just how to avoid getting pinched for it. When you dig a hole, step one is to stop digging. I don't know why Jax is trying to save the club - he says its for Opie - but Opie didn't give a crap about the club, only Jax at the end. His dad wanted out as well. He may as well have just headed to Oregon or let Tara go with the kids and catch up later. Glad Otto was finally put out of his misery. Right now the only character I like is Rockmond Dunbar's.

9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Agree about Eli.

Sutter said Logue unexpectedly had to leave the show because of the role he got in Vikings, which is why they had to kill him off so soon.

I loved the episode. Sad to see Phil go though.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

RIP, Otto.

11. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

The last episode was really good, it started to restore my faith in why I keep watching it. I really thought after the whole CIA thing at the end of season 4 it had jumped the shark (and Logue/Toric storyline was going in that direction too), but last night's was really good.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah - while Logue was a little apeshit crazy, I can see him getting liberties from prison staff more because of his sister than him being a former marshal.
    Too bad he had to bail for another show, would have liked that thing to play out a little more, but the surprise of it was pretty effective.
    Question - looked like there were three "cuts" in the grave at the end. The third being Otto's on top of the guns?

Draft saved Draft deleted