1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sons of Anarchy - Season 5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oscar Gamble, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

This is part of why I have given up on the show. Sutter wants to give his wife screen time and story lines but her arc on the show has jumped the shark.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

This week's episode was interesting. There were a whole lot of developments. I knew Wendy hosed herself when she said she was going to call the cops or whatever. I never have figured that out: I've never been (and hope to never be) in a situation where I have to drop a dime on some bad person, but if I have to, it's sure not going to be "I'm going to rat you out ... tomorrow."

Stupid Mexicans. Everything was set, and they fuck it up. I kinda see why Bobby did what he did, but Jax should have told the whole story around the table.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Jax is still going to kill Clay, so he didn't care all that much about telling the whole story. And he told most of the core guys the whole story already, didn't he?
    Not sure how the Wendy thing will play out. Will she really just say, well, I slipped up and did drugs? I guess she is really that afraid of Jax, but that seems pretty dumb.
    And I'm thinking the Mexicans had a reason to crash that party, though I'm not sure what it is. Remember, the two main guys are actually ATF agents, so they knew what they were doing.
    Curious to see what plays out with Tig. He is being recruited by Clay for the IRA thing, but he is supposed to be turned over to Pope any day now. Can't imagine Jax would destroy that relationship to save Tig, but I don't imagine it will be a real simple handover.

4. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Last episode of Season 5 tonight. Should be filled with tons of action.

5. Shoeless Joe

Pretty good tie in to the ending of last year where you had Tara standing behind Jax and now Gertrude Gemma was taking the same pose, which was the same pose she had with John in the old photo.

I hope she catches something really nasty. I'm not sure what the ending with Nero signifies. I didn't think they'd hand Tig over to Pope. I was a little unsure about the way it started to go down, but when Jax said "Do it in the warehouse" I knew he was going to do something. I actually figured Nero and some guys were in there.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Damn. Some of that was tough to watch. I fast-forwarded through a little bit of the dog-fighting scene and the Otto scene was just gruesome. But very cool. Really, really enjoyed this episode. Gemma has gone off the deep end.

7. Shoeless Joe

I just kind of looked away during the dog fighting scenes. I don't like that shit. I was all for Tig killing as many as he wanted.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Me too. That stuff makes me cringe. Cannot imagine how that is entertaining to anyone. And what was the deal with the homeless(?) woman in the alley talking to the stuffed horse? That was just weird.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It actually made my wife turn away from the show -- from good. I didn't like it, but I'm glad I stuck around.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Probably a little too much of the actual dog fighting but the arc re-humanized Tig and I thought was really really effective.

11. Shoeless Joe

The homeless woman befriended Jax in the season one finale when he spent the night in the grave yard after having his moment of revelation about Clay killing John. It seems like when they departed he gave her the hoodie he was wearing. She has made a similar appearance to this week in about every season. It seems like every season finale has the same format: open with a long musical montage; homeless woman makes an appearance; close with a long musical montage.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Definitely. Great work from Kim Coates (Tig) throughout the episode.

Oh, I missed the first season, so guess I didn't catch that.

Draft saved Draft deleted