1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sons of Anarchy - Season 5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oscar Gamble, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I think it's just Clay trying to create a disturbance in Charming. When they hit Gemma's house, I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was something that made me think he wanted her there to get tuned up a little.

2. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I'll never look at a snowglobe the same way.

That was intense.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm not all that squeamish, but I've had to look away from the TV a lot more this season than others.

SPOILER ALERT

Shoeless Joe, you are a wise man. Good call on Clay being the break-in mastermind.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Definitely a good call. What a scumbag (not you, Joe)! I knew those three guys were involved, but never saw him being behind it. All this stuff with Pope is getting very interesting. And I can't wait to see how the home invasion angle plays out now. Clay has to end up dead soon, right? And the scene with Gemma/Nero/what's-her-name was pretty intense as well. Whew!

5. Shoeless Joe

Let's see, where to start ...
    Glad I'm not a scumbag (but I've had my moments)
    Unser is pissed Gemma won't get busy with him and dropped the boom
    I won't go as far as to say the guard got what he deserved, but he got what he deserved in a TV world
    Clay gots ta go
    When did Jax get the Street Glide? He's ridden a Dyna the entire series and all of a sudden rides a different bike? Did they think people wouldn't notice?

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Maybe he got a new one after the crazy Irishman blew all their bikes to bits in the last episode.

7. Shoeless Joe

Yeah, that's true. I forgot about that. I know they got Chibs' bike, and he was riding a new Street Glide, too. I always liked his bike the best. He had that Dyna with the mini apes and no faring. It looked pretty good.

8. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Clay is going to be dead if he's found out. What I want to know is simply, why? What does he need peoples' personal information for? I've been trying to figure out his play here.

9. Shoeless Joe

I don't know if he needs people's personal information or he's just trying to create a stir. Think about all those years when he was prez and Unser was chief, SAMCRO kept all other bad influence out of Charming. Now he can say "see what happens" etc.

10. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Yeah but why steal information? He could just have them beating people up. What's the point of it?

11. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Woah! What an episode last night.

I'm thinking Abel is dead and Gemma tries to hide it somehow. Because what else happens if the truth comes out? It would be a race to who kills her first, Jax or Tara.

12. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

We don't get the current season here in Canada so I am a few episodes behind as I have not downloaded them yet. I like the series as mindless entertainment as it is not on par with the storytelling in Breaking Bad for example (not sure it has had those kind of aspirations though)

That being said I absolutely hate the use of children in harms way as a plot device, not just in this show, but in any show. I think it is cheap and manipulative and shows a lack of creativity because it is so easy to go to.

They should stick to pulpish story telling and leave the kids out of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted