1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sons of Anarchy Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shoeless Joe, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Good episode Tuesday night.
    I think Gemma believed if she told Jax about Clay killing JT that would keep him in Charming, but it seems to have backfired (although we know he likely won't kill Clay just yet and he won't be leaving because there wouldn't be a show).
    Potter has been interesting from the start. I have read elsewhere that he has some kind of connection to the club. When it was revealed he apparently hasn't done anything with Ottto's testimony and when he said something along the lines of "someone else will have to settle that score" when talking about JT's death ... I kinda think that theory could be accurate.

2. Shoeless Joe

While most of the episode kind of plowed along, it was a good finish.
    The reveal with the cartel was sort of a "wellll crap" moment.
    I really liked the fade out.
    I wished we would have learned something about Potter.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Not convinced we have seen the last of Potter.
    Tiggy Boy is pissed, but just how imagined how angry he'd be if he knew a Bobby presidency still left him out of the left or right hand seats.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I thought it was an incredibly weak season finale for such a great show.

5. Shoeless Joe

I think it was weak up until about the last two minutes. That was pretty good as they went in to sit around the table.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I thought it was a good wrap-up to the season and tied up some loose ends. Not as thrilling as the rest of the season, and the rising son song dragged on and on and on and on, but I enjoyed it. And it'll be interesting to see what happens with Clay and how things change with Jax running the show. Am I the only one who expected Opie to show up?

7. Shoeless Joe

I expected Ope to show up and take the VP seat to Jax's left. I'll be interested to see how Tig handles being shunted aside for Chibbs. You saw Happy give a nod to Jax, so he's on board with the new hierarchy.

I'm not sure that the show didn't jump the shark, though. Mexican drug lords carrying CIA badges? Seriously?

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Interesting that were allegedly taking Tara into protective custody and Jax nearly killed them and she was severely injured. Had a hard time buying into those guys as working for the CIA too. Both times Jax looked up at the door, I thought it was Opie showing up to take his VP spot. I would think Tig will align himself with Clay, who has to return to the club to run the deal with the Irish. Hard to believe that Jax will be able to be in the same club with him after all that has gone on the past few episodes.

9. Shoeless Joe

Tig is going to be conflicted. He kind of backed away from Clay, turned in the SAA patch and then was pissed when Clay beat the crap out of Gemma... but, then he felt bad after Clay was shot (not knowing it was Opie) and then did the drive by on Leroy and was by Clay's side. It's obviously setting up for him to be aligned with Clay, though.

I thought it was kind of odd, not being in an MC but having a reading knowledge of them, that Jax just walked in an declared himself president when everything is voted upon.

10. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

The two head Mexicans -- are they real drug lords working for the CIA? Or are they CIA agents who infiltrated the drug lords? Because I thought that Aceveda from the shield was said to be a former mexican army captain.

11. Shoeless Joe

I take it they are actual Mexican drug lords that are under CIA protection ... basically CIA giving them the green light to prevent more than one cartel coming in. I'm not sure why they'd have badges, though. Does the CIA have badges? CIA not even supposed to operate domestically. Plus, we've seen them kill people. Undercover cops can't do that.

It's kind of a hosed setup and I'm afraid Sutter jumped the shark.

Draft saved Draft deleted