1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sons of Anarchy Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shoeless Joe, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Starts tonight.

It is supposed to pick up about 14 months or so after the end of last season with the guys getting out of jail.

Looking forward to it.
  2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Very excited! I hope this season is better than last.
  3. Shoeless Joe

I think they're supposed to be getting back to more season 1 and 2 stuff with the club.
    I hope there is a good deal of John Teller life/death story line.
  4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The kid, whatever his name is, is the worst actor maybe ever. I enjoy the show whenever I catch it, though. The wife loves it and hasn't missed an ep.
  5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is another show that everybody tells me I would love that I really have no desire to watch...
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I've enjoyed it from the start, and don't even agree that last season was a letdown.
  7. Shoeless Joe

It's about like any other show ... over the top and good way to live through the characters while sitting in your recliner.
    It's much easier to watch TV characters have shootouts than it is to actually participate in one!
  8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Can't wait.
  9. Shoeless Joe

Good show.
    I like how it's getting back closer to season one in terms of story. The setup for the hit on the Russians was great.
    It should be interesting with the new law in town. I don't think he'll be Hale's boy, but rather a Boy Scout.
    As I said earlier, I'm really glad their are getting back to the 'John Teller was killed by Clay and Gemma' arc.
    I'm tired of seeing Jax's butt. Can we get a look at Tara's, please?
    Opie needs a haircut.
    We've got about the fifth Deadwood alum on the show. I expect Al to come into the picture most any time now.
  10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

What did the note from Maureen say? I was so tired, my eyes weren't focusing properly and I couldn't read it.
  11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Active Member

I enjoyed it. The takedown of the Russians at the wedding was well done. I think that either the sheriff or AUSA will be involved in one of the gangs at some point. No evidence, just a hunch. I really liked the scene where Jemma visits Stahl in his trailer and tries to comfort him (and gives him some weed for pain and vomiting).

Agree with Sepinwall's take that Tara's character should not go along with Jax, who promised to get out of the gangster lifestyle but wanted "one more" big take. She is a professional and could make enough money for both of them and their kids to survive.

Was that FBI undercover one of the "Russians" killed?
  12. Shoeless Joe

The note from Maureen was to Jax telling him all he wanted to know about his dad was in the letters. He never got the letters because of the whirlwind of events at the end of season three and going to jail. Tara has read all the letters and knows the details and is struggling with whether or not to show him. Now with that note, Gemma knows the letters are somewhere in Charming and will be wondering who knows what (ie that she and Clay killed John).

Brooklyn - The former Chief is Unser not Stahl, she was the ATF bitch that they killed and yes, the undercover guy was one of the Russians killed.
Draft saved Draft deleted