1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Songs that were never released but should have been

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Fellow music buffs,

Yesterday night, as I was playing my music to soothe me, I realized that there are some songs that are on CD's (and I know you whacks who prefer digitally savvy IPODs, but some people do tend to listen to CD's still), which are never released but should have been because they are either our favourite song on the album/disc, or the lyrics/melody are fantastic.

I pose the question to all of you, are there songs by an artist that were never released but should have been?

I will start:

Warning Sign-Coldplay
    In a Little While-U2

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

If it's on a CD hasn't it already been released?

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Link the mp3s if you got 'em, CSC.
    Found a couple of unalbumized tunes that I believe only exist in cyberspace (with homemade video) by my favorite little Canadian folk band here:

Also found AF with The Boss in Ottawa Sunday night, if anybody's interested.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I think she means as singles.

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

meaning on the charts Huggy....
    Thanks terrier, will have a listen...

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

"Fall From Grace" by Stevie Nicks.

A video that plays the album version of this song in its entirety is

One of her live performances of this song is

I also give props to the Fleetwood Mac song "Destiny Rules." It was used to promote the Stanley Cup Finals one year ... and that was one of the years the finals went seven games. On a personal note, I actually sang that song a cappella at a karaoke night. Did well too.

Draft saved Draft deleted