1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Songbird: Can he or can't he

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Jan 30, 2008.

?

Should Xan come back now?

1. Yes, we miss him

58.2%
  2. No, a bet is a bet

41.8%
  1. She pissed through her bowels? I would have dumped(!) her too.

2. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

WB bet him that if Hawaii lost to Georgia in the Sugar Bowl he'd have to leave the board for a year. WB, I think, negotiated that there'd be a vote after every month to decide if he'd be let back onto the board. I think that's the gist. I didn't think Xan would leave but so far he hasn't been around. I haven't seen him, at least.

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

The only time I considered something like that was during a race this November. I was in pretty good position to finish top-5 in a half marathon, but I decided to pull up and out before relieving myself. I finished sixth.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You always got to get technical, don't you?

5. Close. Xan was so confident Hawaii would destroy Georgia that he offered to leave for a year if the Rainbows lost. I took him up on it. The rest is all true.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

By all means, Songbird ought to come back. After all, he believed it would be a special season for KU football well before I did.

:D

7. 12-8 ... I didn't expect it to be this close.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Make it 13-8 now with my vote.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I dated a track star in college.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I always said cross country wasn't a sport; running is an ASPECT of other sports. And it is a fact that the willowy CC guys did not get the ladies at my high school.

But I was looking for a sport to get in shape for soccer season, and went out for Cross country before my sophomore year. Forget that: I didn't puke or anything, but damn it was tough to concentrate enough to keep a steady pace whle jogging, and I frankly lacked the endurance , both mentally and physically, to keep up (which may also explain my complete lack of dates back then, among other reasons).

Major props to dudes and ladies who can handle running cross country. I don't want to cover it, and I don't want to participate, bu I always thought it took a certain breed. I ended up playing football. On a related note, my high school went 8-10-2 in my two varsity seasons, and hasn't made the playoffs in 24 years and counting.

As for the vote: was there to be a monthly vote? Songbird is a good, funny guy, but he didn't have to make the bet (and I"m impressed he's honoring it so far), which is why I voted that a bet's a bet. But if the hard year term was negotiated down to a monthly vote, then yeah, let's let the dude come back.

11. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Xan should come back if only so he can share with us more of his awesome photos. If any of ya'll get a chance, look up one of the old photo workshop threads, the ones I remember were from a softball-photo thread I believe. The guy knows how to take a great picture. :)

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

After breaking up with the cross country runner, a buddy of mine asked her to prom and she said yes. He flaunted this over and over to me as though it was the greatest thing ever. I got the feeling she was going with him to get back at me and it worked, kind of. We get to prom and dude is there, but he was kind of a wuss and wouldn't dance with her. So, I invited her to dance and then she was just my date the rest of the night and ignored my buddy.
    I think his problem was he was a wrestler and had a mild case of cauliflower ear and may have had ring worm.

Draft saved Draft deleted