1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Song(s) that is (are) currently in your head

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

Land of Confusion...epic song.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Edit: I made a mess of the quote function on here initially.

Nice pick. I missed that one too. Probably his best song.

3. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

A few months ago I had "Time of Your Song" by Matisyahu and the opening credits to NHL 95 stuck in my head at the same time.

:-[

4. Bubbler

You know what's in my head right now? You really want to know?

Rock 'n Roll Heaven by the Righteous Brothers -- one of the worst songs ever recorded.

Their mid 70s "comeback" song which made Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds seem Last Poets-esque militant in comparison.

And it's just the chorus that keeps cycling through my cerebellum like a recurring nightmare ...

If you believe in forever, then life is just a one-night stand.
    If there's a rock 'n roll heaven, then you know they've got a helluva band. Yeah! Yeah!

The rest of the song is dominated by corny tributes to dead rock stars who are in "rock 'n roll heaven."

Hokum like this ...

Jimmy gave us rainbows,
    And Janis took a piece of our hearts.
    Otis took us all to the dock of the bay.
    Sing a song to light my fire,
    Remember Jim that way.
    They've all found another place,
    Another place to play.

Or ...

Remember bad, bad Leroy Brown,
    Hey Jimmy touched us with that song.
    And time won't change the friends
    We used to know.
    Bobby gave us Mack the Knife,
    Well look out, he's back in town.
    They'll all be there, another day,
    When they meet in one big show.

A verse that just ends poorly I might add. Last I checked, "town" and "show" don't flow, dumb fucks, especially with Bobby Hatfield's rising falsetto on the last line.

I'd put a bullet in my brain, STAT, to make it stop, but I'm pretty sure I'm in hell already.

Yeppp ... and it starts again, complete with 70s horn section borrowed from the same session players who undoubtedly played on Looking Glass' Brandy.

Go fuck yourself, Satan!

And that goes double for you too, Righteous Brothers! May you be damned to have Jim Morrison read you his poetry in person, and may you be the plaster as Jimi Hendrix has his cock perpetually casted by the Plaster Caster groupies. Taste his rainbow, bitches!

(OK, you have to have read Led Zep's Hammer Of The Gods to get that last one, but whatever, I'm in HELL, OK!)

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Never got into hockey much, but I loved NHL 95. For some reason I was always the Canucks. I especially liked that if you hit a guy hard enough, blood would pour from his head when he hit the ice.

6. Bubbler

Ooh, Paperlate. Underrated song. Have no idea what its about, but a good song.

I need to check out the pre-Duke albums. I have to be in right progish, synth state of mind, but I think Genesis from that period crushes crap like Rush.

7. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm going to make Gretzky's head bleed.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Forgot all about that scene, but it does remind me to finish watching Made, another Favreau-Vaughn joint, after falling asleep 30 minutes in last night.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I saw last week that D-list celebrities on VH1 awarded Phil Collins with a ghetto pass, because he sang soul, because he used the Earth, Wind and Fire horns section on "Susudio," and because he lent his voice and beats to Bone Thugs 'N Harmony for some song that I never knew existed before last Wednesday.

I really don't have anything more to add to this thread.

10. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

[​IMG]

"Do you like Phil Collins?"

11. If you believe in forever,
    then life is just a one-night stand.
    If there's a rock 'n roll hea-ah-ven,
    you know they got a helluva band.

bubbler -- How could you not share the chorus?
    I always think of Keith Moon, laughing his ass off, when I hear that song. And how the hell did Jim Croce get into that company, btw?
    Don't fuck with "Brandy," though. Great pop record.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

who do you.

who do you, who do you, who do you
    think you arrrrrre ??

Can't get it out of my head.

Draft saved Draft deleted