1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Song(s) that is (are) currently in your head

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Aug 27, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Don't Sleep in the Subway by Petula Clark is in my noggin right now. And a little Pet Clark's not a bad thing. And Duke is Genesis' best album, Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is my favorite song by them. I guess I'm just not very proggy.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"Duke" is worthy of consideration, Dools. It's easily the best post-Steve Hackett album by the group, and a fantastic thematic work. But "Trick ... " and "Selling England by the Pound" deserve consideration for best album label as well (others would add "Foxtrot," mainly because of "Supper's Ready" and "Watcher of the Skies").

Which should it be? It's apples, oranges and limes. SEBTP is "proggy," to use Dools' term, but has masterpieces in "Firth of Fifth," "Dancing with the Moonlit Knight" and "Cinema Show." Trick hasn't a weak track in the bunch. Just take all three, smile and listen.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

"Mony, Mony" now that I read FB's post. :mad: :'(

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Courtesy of the drive-home radio show: Barbie Girl by Aqua and Maniac by Michael "Don't Call Me Bouble" Sambello. Possibly the two worst songs ever made.

I also won a book written by Brett Dawson. Yee-ha.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That stupid Nickleback song with the video of the firefighter. VH1 plays it all night long, and no way in hell does that firefighter come out what the video implies he does would not come out with just a coupla of smudge marks on his face. And then I heard it on the radio on the way to work and now I can't get it out of my head.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

VH0 plays videos?

7. sportschick

At 3 a.m. in the morning they do, course it's the same 7 or 8 videos every night, but it's that or reruns of the U.S. Open right now.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I once taped about four hours of MTV from 3 a.m. on just to see what would be on.

I think the same Jimmy Fallon video was on eight times in four hours.

9. sportschick

MTV was playing reruns of some dating show at 3 a.m. this morning. I don't think they play ANY videos any more.

Draft saved Draft deleted