1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Song help........

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Anyone know the name of the song from the opening credits of MTV's "Two-a-days"?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

All Hail Rush Propst! Ruler of the Land! Eater of Many Catered Meals by Hoover's Corporate Sponsors!

other than that, I got nothin. Sorry.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Can you hum a few bars?

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Sounds like Green Day.....but I don't think it is.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Threadjack... Just saw this on the two-a-days website...Going to puke in 3....2....1...

"Two-A-Days"

MTV pushed this show as "Laguna Beach meets Varsity Blues." Um, like I wasn't going to watch that? Star football players juggling multiple girlfriends, overbearing stepfathers and coaches, scrubs puking in 110-degree heat, over competitive/buxom/semi-desperate cheerleaders ... what's not to like? Haven't we been pushing for this show for five years?

Instead of a Texas school, they picked Alabama's Hoover High to follow for the season -- seemingly a strange choice until we find out that its stadium seats 20,000 people, and the program has enough money that the head coach can decide before a big game, "everyone's staying in a hotel tonight, I don't want any distractions." And the results are good enough that my buddy Bish took a 10-minute break from work just to discuss the first episode last week. Poor Bish played QB for our tiny prep school in Connecticut, then parlayed that into four more football years at a NESCAC school in New England.

... Let's just say that he feels some remorse watching a show like this, especially the part when the Southern belles painted their favorite player's uniform number on their bodies before the first home game. I think he sobbed himself to sleep after the first show. Life just isn't fair.
    Sports Guy Seal of Approval
    By Bill Simmons
    ESPN.COM

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How come the 2-a-days website doesn't mention that one of its stars is currently involved in legal issues (we're talkin felony here) concerning an automobile...

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Just found it.

"The War" by Angels and Airwaves

8. Jones

Jones Active Member

I love that whole disc. It's like U2 meets Blink-182 (not surprisingly, since the former singer is the front man). Hoops will tell I should be ashamed of myself for liking it, and I'll admit that it's a little soft for me, but I've listened the shit out of it.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It's not a bad album at all. The band members are all quality. So, there shouldn't be a problem.

It is a bit soft, but that is how things are sometimes.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Thought his voice sounded familiar.

Will purchase said CD tonight.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Tom DeLonge quit Blink-182 to form Angels & Airwaves.

The other two members of Blink-182, Travis Barker and Mark Hoppus, have formed a new band called Plus 44, which has a CD out in Nov.

Most likely, Plus 44 will suck as much as A&A.

Draft saved Draft deleted