1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Song Dedications

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Jan 29, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

As most of you know, we've had a lot of music threads on SportsJournalists.com. One thing that occurred to me as I read the post a song you're listening to thread is: What about song dedications?

Is there a song that makes you think of a SportsJournalists.commer? Someone else in this business? Is there a song that invokes a memory of one of your loved ones? Here's the place to post your dedications.

As I listened to Stevie Nicks sing "Sometimes It's A Bitch," I thought about all the jokes I and others have sent Mike's way. I'd like to do something different now: Send encouragement. The line that brought Mike to mind was "it's not what's in the mirror but what's left inside." As long as the inside is honorable and strong, I think you'll find what you're looking for.

So I'm dedicating "Sometimes It's A Bitch" to Mike.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You're a good dude, F_T. I'll brainstorm for a bit.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

rule: all dedications must be phrased Casey Kasem-style.

4. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

You can't have a song dedication without Casey.
    http://www.celebrityrants.com/free_celeb_casey.html

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

He lost his fucking head there, didn't he?

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'd like to dedicate this one to a board favorite, an 8-second wonder who will always have a warm place in many of the SportsJournalists.com community's hearts.

For you BYH, here's Harry Connick Jr. with 'Honestly Now (Safety's Just Danger ... Out Of Place)'.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

This one goes out to mike311gd. Stay strong buddy. It will happen one of these days. Only Madonna can sing it best.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I really want to go to Italy.

9. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

Yes, it's been a while, but every time this song comes to mind, I think of spnited:

"Grandpa (Tell Me 'Bout The Good Old Days)" by The Judds

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

A 1 News favorite.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

To my good buddy JR and spnited, with whom I downed a few beers at the Toronto outing:

Sinatra's "It Was A Very Good Year"....

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

This reminds me of Chef:

Draft saved Draft deleted