1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Son of Jerry Remy charged with murder ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

This will be a big story around the Boston area. Something tells me 'roid rage had something to do with this.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/08/16/officials-investigate-fatal-stabbing-waltham-one-person-custody/JIZ9yd9NNs9W4TunYMLXGL/story.html

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

What an asshole.

Have a nice cage, pal.

3. Riptide

Typical lawyer shit:

Bella said he has only limited information about the incident, and said that his client had wounds on his hands that might be “construed as defensive wounds.... I’m not sure anyone really knows what happened, what started this whole issue. We know how it ended. We don’t know how it started.’’

Right. The guy was a serial woman-beater, but maybe she was slapping him around.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Piece of shit. Released on a recognizance after assaulting her, then he goes home and finishes the job. With their four-year-old daughter in the house.

6. Riptide

[​IMG]

Jennifer Martel and daughter Arianna Remy.

The woman allegedly killed by Jared Remy, son of famed Red Sox announcer Jerry Remy, had been “planning her escape” after he was sprung by prosecutors a day before her murder, her mother told the Herald this morning.

“She said, ‘I was planning my escape,’ ” Jennifer Martel’s mother, Patty Martel, 53. “This was on Wednesday. She said, ‘Don’t worry, I’m planning my escape.’ ”

Remy assaulted Jennifer Martel, the 27-year-old mother of his 4-year-old daughter, on Tuesday, and was released with no bail at a Middlesex prosecutor’s request — one day before killing the same woman, authorities said.

http://bit.ly/14kHguO

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Picture just screams "ROIDED-UP DOUCHEBAG," doesn't it?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Globe story notes that Remy was working for the Sox in 2009 when he was implicated for steroid use and then fired. MLB investigated whether he was supplying the team. He said he wasn't and that he only used it himself.

He has been prosecuted on 14 separate occasions in Waltham since 1998, including assault charges against three different women.

Probably defensive wounds, though. The lawyer's right.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

That lede about neighbors trying to stop Remy and being slashed at by him is chilling. Not sure how you get past seeing your neighbor hacked to pieces right in front of you.

Hopefully prison justice takes care of this piece of shit sooner than later and saves the taxpayers some $$$.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

This freak doesn't look like he could be spawned by ...

[​IMG]

... him.

My recollection of Remy was that was a prototypical late 70s/early 80s middle infielder -- puny, couldn't hit HRs, etc.

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I see he was once on a "no abuse order," which I don't understand. Aren't we all always on one of those?

12. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted