1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Son of Hamas leader must have death wish

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportbook, Feb 24, 2010.

1. sportbook

sportbook Member

If we start a death pool I'd take one of the earlier dates. Yikes...

Report: Son of Hamas founder was top Israeli agent

http://alturl.com/ixzf

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Moved to California. Probably one of the few times that moving to California is a brilliant idea.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, it's just against what their misinterpretation of the Qu'ran tells them.<blockquote> And do not dispute with the followers of the Book except by what is best, except those of them who act unjustly, and say: We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you, and our God and your God is One, and to Him do we submit. (Qur'an 29:46)

Not all of them are alike; a party of the people of the Scripture stand for the right, they recite the Verses of God during the hours of the night, prostrating themselves in prayer. They believe in God and the Last Day; they enjoin Al-Ma'rûf (<i>transl: good deeds</i>) and forbid Al-Munkar (<i>transl: bad deeds, evil</i>); and they hasten in (all) good works; and they are among the righteous. And whatever good they do, nothing will be rejected of them; for God knows well those who are Al-Muttaqûn (<i>transl: the pious</i>). (3:113-115)

And there are, certainly, among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), those who believe in God and in that which has been revealed to you, and in that which has been revealed to them, humbling themselves before God. They do not sell the Verses of God for a little price, for them is a reward with their Lord. Surely, God is Swift in account. (3:199)

Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in God and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. (2:62)</blockquote>It also reflects his own misinterpretation of the Qu'ran.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Most predictable response ever.

I of course posted that quote without comment, but if you have evidence that any detainee in US custody had needles put under their nails or were burned, I'm sure prosecutors would be interested in talking to you.

Draft saved Draft deleted