1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Son of Erik Kramer found dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 1, 2011.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This is so right, it's frightening.

Tip from years of dealing with this: Don't give them an in. If the kid was a benchwarmer, don't allow that there is ANY way he could have been termed a "football star." And if they try, "But everyone has a chance!", ask them if they aren't just trying to find an angle that isn't there.

2. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Especially in California

3. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

I'll add to the second part:

Relatives said Sanchez grew up going to church and was good in school. He loved his family, they said. However, he got caught up with the wrong crowd a few years ago.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If I were a gang banger, I would never try to turn my life around. It seems like they only get shot when they start trying to turn their life around. I would just keep bangin'. Business as usual. Because from everything I read in the newspaper, that's the safest way to go.

5. Bump.

This gets worse ...

6. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

THEY SHOULD SHUT DOWN THE THOUSAND OAKS FOOTBALL PROGRAM IMMEDIATELY AND BURN THE SCHOOL TO THE GROUND!!!

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's a tragic story - but like the Michael Jackson story, I can't help thinking of the countless drug overdoses that don't end up with arrests simply because the victim isn't well-known or isn't related to anyone famous.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Sorry for the family's loss...

...but Dick Whitman's post was spot on, and MM's made me spray Dr Pepper; and unlike IJAG, I don't feel guilty about it one bit.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Link to ESPN.com story:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/story/_/id/7251307/four-charged-death-ex-nfler-erik-kramer-son-griffen-kramer

Always nice to find out that the group of morons someone hung out with, had no intention of helping out when trouble actually occurred.

Kind of makes the whole "Darn those news siders for acting like he could have been a good QB!" rants ring a bit more hollow.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

[​IMG]

Okay, then you bite the fuckin' bullet, take him to a hospital and call a lawyer.

Draft saved Draft deleted