1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Son of a.... (tax thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MertWindu, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i do think that's correct as well.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm getting $2000 back. Muahahahahaha. :D

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I put my last W-2 in this week and I lost 300 on my final refunds (state and federal). I was not happy.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Send me $167 per month for a year and I'll gladly "refund" you $2025.

Hey, it's a better deal than the government gave you.

5. sportschick

I know. Normally I get like $400 back, but I changed jobs and got a big raise in the process, hence the massive refund.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Not to mention the moving expenses tax writeoff.

7. sportschick

Most of them were paid by the company, but that had a little bit to do with it.

I'm sure it'll balance out next year when I've been here for a full year and don't have moving expenses, etc.

8. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I use H&R Block, too, and the part that stumps me is when they tell me is when I find out that the tax preparer gets a yearly 6% increase in how much they can charge me for the service.

I mean, come on, I don't get a 6% raise in freelance money every year. Shouldn't their bill stay level a few years before they declare the right to hijack me some more?

BTW....Writing this having *just now* completed the calculations on my 06 income and expenses, so that *would* explain my need to vent *right now.*

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fast-forward:

10. hurricane

hurricane Member

I have already done my taxes, but I've picked up a side job on a freelance basis that is pretty regular and paying decenty, but they're not taking out taxes. To avoid a hit at the end of the year, can anyone help out (here or in a PM) which form(s) to fill out to pay estimated taxes. Thanks much.

Draft saved Draft deleted