1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Son dies; Mom works a l-i-t-t-l-e too hard to have grandsons

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Apr 8, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dead son’s sperm to be saved for mom

ASSOCIATED PRESS • April 8, 2009

AUSTIN, Texas — A judge has granted a mother’s request to have someone harvest sperm from her dead son’s body, so she can have the option of carrying out his wish to have children.

Nikolas Colton Evans, 21, died Sunday at a Brackenridge hospital after being punched and falling outside an Austin bar March 27.

His mother, Marissa Evans, told the Austin American-Statesman newspaper that he wanted to have three sons someday and had even picked out their names: Hunter, Tod and Van.

“I want him to live on. I want to keep a piece of him,” she told the newspaper.

Travis County Probate Judge Guy Herman ruled Monday in an emergency hearing requested by the mother, because of the urgency of collecting the sperm intact.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Ewwww. God forbid that my son dies before me, but if he did, that's not the piece I'd want to keep.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This is why it's important to have friends and relatives around who can tell you when you are going crazy with grief and that it's time to stop.
  4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

He already picked out names for his kids? What 21 year old male does that?
  5. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

That's down right creepy. And gross.
  6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How do you harvest it, now that he's, you know, dead?
  7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

None. But their moms probably do. And that is most likely the case here.

"It's what he wanted."

How the fuck do you know?
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

By all means, lets keep this family of rocket scientists procreating, even in death.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Mama needed to have the birds-and-bees talk with Nikolas and tell him if he wanted to have children, he needed to have sex before he died. ::) ::)
  10. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

Maybe I just note it mentally whenever I read about it, but it seems like dying from a punch and fall isn't that uncommon.

It's weird, I would never think punching a guy could somehow kill him, but you hear about it from time to time. Not that I've been punched or plan on punching someone at a bar, but still.
  11. Ted Williams' frozen head thinks this story is strange
  12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

"I love my dead son's spooge."
Draft saved Draft deleted