1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Somewhere, Tommy Chong is crying

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A police helicopter in Chicago, while out on a routine patrol, noticed something odd on the ground below. Turns out it was a marijuana farm, with 1,500 plants -- some as tall as 6 feet. Cops are calling it one of the largest farms ever seen in Chicago, whose climate isn't very hospitable to open-air marijuana farming.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-pot-fields-found-20121004,0,4576112.story

As for the pot, they're planning to burn it all and salt the earth.

Naturally, the "leagalize pot" crowd is up in arms. Also, head shops across Chicagoland will fly their black light posters at half staff for the rest of the week.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

White Sox fans gotta make money to pay for those season tickets somehow.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Dude, it was weed, not meth.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Some of the shit done to eradicate pot is so over the top. Why don't they drop a nuclear bomb and some nerve gas too while they're at it?

I wish society had the same zeal to combat more important ills.

5. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Holy hotbox, Batman.

Hey, YankeeFan, mind if I crash at your place? All I need is a couch and whatever the yuppie foodie organic farm-raised version of Bugles is.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

A couple of days ago we covered a car wreck. 5 cops had minor injuries after crashing into each other. They were all returning from the smelter where they were burning bales of marijuana.

I bet there's a hell of a story those guys will be telling in private for years.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

that's like a minimum of 4,500 pounds if it was grown right ... or so my friends in high school told me.

9. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

There will be a moment of silence before the Oct. 19 Phish concert at the Chicago Theater

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Dozens of Frito-Lay trucks were seen driving to the field.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Were they downwind?

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

He was the deal at Hawaii ten years ago. Throwing for 4,000 yards a year to resurrect June Jones' career.

Draft saved Draft deleted