1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Somewhat Hard SB Trivia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HappyCurmudgeon, Jan 27, 2014.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Woohoo, annual post time!

As usual, it's better to guess and enjoy than to go to Wikipedia or Pro Football Reference and be the smartest guy in the room. Don't have to answer them all, just the ones you know.

<s>1) Which team hold the record for most second-half points in a Super Bowl (two teams, need the Super Bowls the record was set, and tied, as well)?</s> N.Y. Giants, in Super Bowl XXI (only team, mistake on my part.).

<s>2) Name the last Super Bowl to have a scoreless fourth quarter.</s> Packers-Patriots, Super Bowl XXXI

<s>3) Name the first Super Bowl MVP on the offensive side of the ball that was not a quarterback.</s> Larry Czonka, Miami, Super Bowl VIII

<s>4) Name the last defensive lineman to win a Super Bowl MVP award.</s> Richard Dent, Chicago, Super Bowl XX

<s>5) Which Super Bowl had the best combined regular season record (i.e., not counting playoff victories)? Need both teams, their regular season records and the Super Bowl.</s> Super Bowl XIX: SF (15-1) vs. Miami (14-2)

<s>6) Name the last running back to rush for 150 yards or more in a Super Bowl. Need the player and the Super Bowl in which he accomplished the feat.</s> Terrrell Davis in Super Bowl XXXII vs. Green Bay, 157 yards.

<s>7) The most individual points scored in a single Super Bowl is 18. It's been done five times. Name the player who did it twice.</s> Jerry Rice in Super Bowl XXIV and Super Bowl XXXIX

<s>8) Three players have scored Super Bowl touchdowns for two different teams. Name all three.</s> Jerry Rice, Ricky Proehl & Mushin Muhammad

<s>9) Name the player that holds the record for most punts in a Super Bowl. Need player name and Super Bowl. (Bonus if you name how many punts he had)</s> Brad Maynard, NY Giants, 11 punts, Super Bowl XXXV

<s>10) Name the team that holds the record for most yards gained in a Super Bowl. Team and Super Bowl which the feat was accomplished.</s> Washington Redskins, 602 yards vs. Denver Broncos, Super Bowl XXII

Enjoy!

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No. 8 is Jerry Rice, Ricky Proehl and Don Beebe

3. Mizzougrad96

4 is Richard Dent

4. Mizzougrad96

I think 6 is Terrell Davis against the Packers.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

5 has to be XIX with San Francisco (15-1) against Miami (14-2).

6. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

No. 4 is correct.

No. 8 you got 2 of the 3.

No. 6 is correct

No. 5 is correct

7. Mizzougrad96

3 is Csonka.

8. Mizzougrad96

I'm guessing 7 is Jerry Rice

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

#2 I'm guessing XXXI Packers vs. Patriots

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No 1. I know the Giants scored 30 second half points in Super Bowl XXI, but damned if I can identify the other team to do it.

11. Mizzougrad96

10, I'm guessing is Niners against the Chargers, but that's a complete guess.

12. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

I'm guessing No. 10 is St. Louis in Super Bowl XXIV
    And No. 1, since it asks for both teams, is 40 (Giants scored 29, Denver scored 11)

Draft saved Draft deleted