1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sometimes The Stories Are Too Good To Be Made Up

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

So a woman gets high on crack and drives her car through a street festival in DC. By the time her car is finally stopped she had hit 40 people with her car, some of them children, some of whom were basically infants. Luckily no one died. And The Washington Post, to its credit, dug up every detail it could about this crackpot and now we find she had a part-time job working for Marion Barry. Yes, it's only coincidental. But still. I won't say it's funny, but Alanis Morissette wants to find a way to incorporate it into a song.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/04/AR2007060401246.html?hpid=topnews

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Looks like the voters of D.C. have their next mayor.

3. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

How long until Josh Hancock's dad sues the organizers of the street festival and the injured children?

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

This street fest was put on by a church no less. It was simply amazing Saturday night. Incomprehensible to anyone with a brain. But then again since she was on crack this time....

5. well done

6. What, no Muslimofascistijihadi angle?
    Boom's gonna be pissed.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Seems someone has beaten Alanis to it

Riding that train
    High on cocaine ...

8. nowhat

nowhat New Member

Alanis Morisssette wants to incorporate it into a song? hell, lets have resident wordsmith BYH have a crack at it. I'm sure his would be much better! Ya out there B?

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

[​IMG]

Bitch set me up!

Draft saved Draft deleted