1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sometimes media guides can be too informative

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Oh, I believe their (cover) story. I do. I do.

I also believe when the girl on the radio commercial for the strip club says she wants every man listening to "cummmmmmmm" down and see her, she is not being suggestive.

Yeah, Moddy, bullshit on that story.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Don't play cagey, you galoof. You've posted that link about 100 times on here. I think that site was your first moderating job.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

2005 Sports Blog Member of the Year Bubbler weighed in.

"I didn't even read the thread," said Bubbler, who later told the Idaho Statesman that he read the first and last two pages on Sunday. "But knowing SJ as I do, I'm pretty sure it's about vaginas. Am I right? I'd venture to guess that 95 percent of all threads on SJ come relate to the vagina in some fashion. Four percent have to do with politics, one percent have to do with our profession. Standard operating procedure."

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

C'mon Moddy.

Post the boat shot. You know you want to.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

An aside: JaSID is a little cranky -- he's working a tournament, and has little time -- so I'll share one of the funny responses that he got to a media guide questionaire a few schools back. Under "favorite pastimes," one player listed "Ho Hoppin'."

So, that might have something to do with JaSID eschewing all those goofy guide items.

7. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

When I have some free time. . . I just like to hop on a few hoes.

Honest to God, that was a kids answer.

And I am not cranky. . . I'm tired.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

So let me get this right, not only are they asking the women athletes if they prefer to shave or let the garden grow, but they also ask the guys their preferences on their female classmates pubic region?

I gotta go back to school, this school!

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

This thread is a masterpiece of SportsJournalists.com.

10. Fixed it for you.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Obliged, I'm sure.

12. Jor El

Jor El Guest

The only scandal in Idaho is wondering when the Boise sports editor will get drunk and beat another woman, yet keep his job. Makes the former Pocatello editor look like a saint.

http://www.boiseweekly.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A156617

http://www.boiseweekly.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A162040

Draft saved Draft deleted