1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sometimes it doesn't pay to get up

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, May 19, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Pallister's gettin' angry!

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Wait...threatening posts written in third person?

PALLISTER IS BOOTS!

3. pallister

pallister Guest

So, so cold.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I went to the jerk store. You're their best seller!

5. pallister

pallister Guest

I knew someone would get that reference.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I bet you never hear that from Denver Post reporter Doug Brown!

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

That was your mistake. :)
    You should have called that paper and spoken to one of the writers who doesn't cover the team and asked if they wanted to make whatever your paper's stringer rate is to cover the game for you. That way you could have someone at the game wanting to make a quick $50 or so (if your paper pays its stringers that well)

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Then the stringer would be making as much as the players... cool..

9. lono

lono Active Member

Fixed.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

HH, musta been a full moon or something. My day was at least that bad ... Did some off-day work that was supposed to be done by 11. Meanwhile, my check was not direct-deposited as usual, so I had to go to the office to pick it up. Was going to do that after I got done at 11, but because the work dragged until 12, I didn't have time to go to the office then. Took my son to the doctor, on the way back was in a hurry because I now had to drive downtown to get this check, and I got pulled over for speeding. When I get downtown, I'm told, "You know, we could have overnighted this to you ..." AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

All I can say is no good deed goes unpunished

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I saw on the news that yesterday, the earth was perfectly in line with the sun, Mercury, Venus, the moon, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. That won't happen again for something like 400 years.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Another six posts and we'll have the same numbers as an average indoor football team's season-ticketholder base!

Draft saved Draft deleted