1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sometimes a quick chuckle can make this job worth it

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by schiezainc, Jan 31, 2008.

1. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

I know I have posted this before, but speaking of brothers . . .

For many years, at least one of the Worth brothers was a starter for the Waterford High School wrestling team.

The year after the youngest graduated, I was doing the preview and the coach got to use the line he had been saving and saving.

"Well, I know we're gonna be Worth-less this year."

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

please, please tell me you paper has never ran a photo of some dork singing the anthem.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Two wrestling teams I covered last year had identical twins. Talk about some fun times.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

At least it didn't happen at an American Legion game. Those fellas do NOT take to interruptions of the national anthem kindly. Heard a story about a player who fainted during the anthem, and when his teammates helped him up, the Legion people got all pissy because the anthem was still playing. Not sure how much weight I put into that story, not being there myself, but I can say with certainty that they put a lot of weight on the minute of anthem playing.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That paper, I never did. Other papers have as feature photos on a slow day.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

slow? how 'bout dead?

7. Identical, but they didn't wrestle in the same class did they?

Draft saved Draft deleted