1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something's in my Attic!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, May 18, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Just saying that for my old friend Arnold, whose sanity I already questioned based on his mancrush on the talentless Mitch Hedberg, to post that in response to me as if it was MY decision or I thought it was an original name, was a bitch move.

Yeah, I said it. :D

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Oh, it had nothing to do with you, just noting that that's a dumb name for a raccoon.

And now I'm gonna send you Hedberg mp3s allllll day.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You've now offended the other SportsJournalists.com member who PMed me whose family member ALSO had a wild pet raccoon named Bandit.

It's better than Rocky!

4. ArnoldBabar

I stand by my position.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I reread the posts hoping for a mention of Smokey.

And yes, naming a child after a type of wine is becoming more common.

6. And soon thereafter, its name became "Christmas Dinner."
    I keed...I KEED....

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

UPDATE: I spoke with a professional on the phone. He wanted the details of what I see and hear and when I see it and hear it. After about 20 minutes of descritption, etc. the pro said I "likely have single male squirrel calling my attic home."

He said there's no way I wouldn't know it's a raccoon. He said there would be shingles and insulation and other garbage and debris on my roof, deck and lawn. There isn't.

And, he said if it was a family of squirrels, I'd hear noise day and night as this is breeding time.

I'm a little relieved, other than the fact it's $300 to get rid of one squirrel whose calling my attic his bachelor pad!

8. ArnoldBabar

Are you sure you didn't call a shrink?

9. dargan

dargan Active Member

$300 for one squirrel.

Just go up there and displace his bedding. Throw it in the back yard or something. Once you've done that, he won't come around for a while. That'll give you the chance to seal whatever hole he's entering.

There's no way a squirrel should cost you $300. Contrary to what "Christmas Vacation" might portray, a squirrel's not gonna attack you. Plus, if you go up there and he's in there, he'll probably run out of the entrance once you approach him.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. dargan

dargan Active Member

I like your style, A_QB.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Golf shot.

Draft saved Draft deleted