1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something you just learned recently

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 28, 2011.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

That Richard Jewell had died. I have no idea how I missed that at the time.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's what he's going for?

I thought both sides had already agreed that they're Shelbyville to our Spingfield.

If that's changed, I think new names should be opened up for debate before Gary's is chosen at random.

Maybe they're the 8063rd and we're the 4077th.

Any other nominations?

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I learned today that switching from days to nights in one day isn't going to be easy.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I was thinking more of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" Disney ride with overflowing treasure chests, "Yo Ho Ho" music, and half-naked harlots running hysterically through your house.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The half-naked harlots are a given.

6. YankeeFan

I hate when a witty post of mine ends up as the last post on a page.

I'm thinking about deleting, dropping t_b_f's post to that slot and re-posting.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

What thread are you on?

8. YankeeFan

C'mon. The 8063rd? That's a great reference. It should have sparked loads of hilarious responses.

But now, it's buried at the bottom of the last page.

I'm so fucking bitter right now.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I learned that YankeeFan isn't half as funny as he thinks he is, no matter where his posts drop.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

British Parliament has legalized a two-thirds pint -- 19.2 fluid ounces -- as a serving-size innovation to boost a pub industry that is actually sagging. Twenty-five pubs close a week, which is unbelievable.

11. YankeeFan

Eh, as long as I make myself laugh. At the end of the day, that's the only audience I really care about.

I mean, it would be great if I had a great reference like the Cleveland Plain Dealer to fall back on when you need a laugh.

But, you play the hand you're dealt.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Just yanking your chain. It was a good, though dated, comparison. And I hate when your posts land at the end of the page too.

Draft saved Draft deleted