1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something to read: GQ's Chris Heath on 'The Uber Killer'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I read this in one sitting late into last night and immediately knew that I wanted to share it. Compulsively readable story about the Kalamazoo Uber driver and seemingly regular joe Jason Dalton who randomly killed six people between pick-ups. Probably the downright weirdest of all the rampage killings.

http://www.gq.com/story/the-uber-killer

On a personal level, when I worked for the mental health law clinic in school, the professor on two occasions brought in a pediatrician to speak to us who had been found not guilty by reason of insanity after killing one of her children and critically stabbing the other. She's out now. I think she lives in some sort of halfway home now, but she explained everything to us.

Reading the "GQ" piece last night, along with remembering meeting her, essentially sent a chill through my entire body that this can happen to, well, anyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted