1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Dec 23, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Anybody else see this yet? For those who don't know, it is the Family Guy parody of The Empire Strikes Back, which went straight to DVD and was released yesterday.

I just watched it tonight. It was funny, but I was mildly disappointed. Definitely not on the same level as Blue Harvest.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I thought it was great.

Great Tom Selleck cameo. ;)
    (post pad from Movie Thread)

What character played Yoda? I couldn't place him.
    Boba Fett was an inspired choice.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I liked Blue Harvest. The scene where they are shooting the Tie-fighters and R2 (Cleveland) opens the door for the drive-by got me pretty good.

I am looking forward to seeing SSSDS.

4. outofplace

Yoda was played by Carl, who was Chris's boss at the convenience store. They used to get into discussions about movies.

5. I'm not familiar with Carl, but this sounds exactly like Clerks.

6. outofplace

He has only been in a few episodes, but that is a good comparison. Basically, the conversations are a lot like what they do in SSSDS.

7. outofplace

Caught a bit of the replay of this tonight. More importantly, I saw the clips they showed of the next one in the trilogy, "It's a Trap!" How did I not know that was due out on DVD Tuesday?

8. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Just watched the Robot Chicken Star Wars episodes on CN, and they get funnier every time.
    I thought Blue Harvest was hilarious, and ...Dark Side was even better. I can't wait to see what they do for It's a Trap. The previews look fantastic.
    I am torn, because McFarlane has said they won't do the prequels. Part of me is glad, but another part would just love to see them skewer those 3 episodes.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Not that I'd ever condone stealing, but I've HEARD that a copy has been available on the Internet for a week, and it is very, very funny. If you liked the previous two, you'll like the third.

10. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Just watched it. It was fantastic.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

I was a little disappointed in the Something, Something ... episode. I thought the first was way, way funnier.

I have high hopes for the new one, though.

12. outofplace

Which one? It's a Trap or Something, Something, Dark Side?

Draft saved Draft deleted