1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something only Laurence Maroney fantasy owners will care about....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Msaint, Nov 2, 2007.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That was my point earlier in this thread. Bill Parcells was known as a running coach through three of his four stops as head coach. The exception was New England. He had Drew Bledsoe. If I remember correctly, he said that's why his Patriots teams threw the ball a lot more than his other teams did. I think his words were something to the effect of, "I'm not crazy."

If you have a nonpariel quarterback and a first rate set of receivers, you'll throw the ball more or you won't be a good coach or offensive coordinator.

2. Msaint

Msaint Member

Point taken, and I agree 100% with the "Why run when you can pass like the Pats?" sentiment...but I was mostly referring to playing possum with Maroney, givving him a bit of kid glove treatment based on how quickly he wore down in the 2nd half last season.

But DAMN, I thought he was on his way to that elusive monster day with his 5+ YPC on his first dozen or so carries, but then the game turned and the passing took over, minus all those draws (with which he/Pats didn't do a helluva lot, aside from the ones to Faulk). I still like Maroney in the 2nd half of the season as a fantasy RB2, though.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Screw Maroney and Bill Belichick.... Dude is sitting on my bench unless I absolutely have to play him.

I'd much sooner play Jesse Chatman, and perhaps even Justin Fargas as my flex behind Addai and Barber at this point.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well I am a Maroney owner and was excited to read this and started him......

He is turning into a bust as a fantasy player, that's for sure.

Luckily, however, I won my game (unless Heath Miller outscores Hines Ward and Matt Stover by about 40 points tonight) mostly because of these guys named Moss and Peterson.....

5. Trouser_Buddah

I wouldn't have started him this week but Chatman was on a bye... I don't think he's turning into a bust, I think he's been one all year. Tom Brady had two rushing TDs in week eight, two more than Maroney's had all year...

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The worst is -- like you probably -- I am trying to trade him and his value is so low I can't even get a decent quarterback in return.

7. Trouser_Buddah

I wouldn't mind getting a decent wide receiver.... Andre Johnson and Marvin Harrison haven't played a whole lot lately....

Draft saved Draft deleted