1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something good at Walmart NEW UPDATE

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Re: Something good at Walmart

A little bit of mange wasn't so bad to deal with. I had to lie on top of mine and hold her down twice a day for a month to rub goop around her eye as a pup. But it cleared up and now she trusts me to do anything to her (nails, bath, etc.), I think, because of it. Bonding or something.

2. Re: Something good at Walmart

slappy, the puppy is abosolutely adorable. I'm glad that you were in the right place at the right time. I hope that you are able to keep it or at least find it a good and loving home. I have been against getting a dog for sometime now. I just don't want the responsibility but this thread is slowly changing my mind to getting a dog one day.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: Something good at Walmart

Taking him to the vets tomorrow. The SIL gave us stuff for worms and mange; Ms. Slappy's regular vet is going to check him over...
    Doggie has pooped like eight times today...

4. Re: Something good at Walmart

Who knows what kind of shape his digestive system is in right now ... or what his diet has been since he was dropped off.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Here's the current crop at our house:

[​IMG]

Petey, sweet but neurotic.

[​IMG]

Zoey, who ate a roasted chicken last night - including the bones. The results have been unpleasant (and still waiting for the bones to turn up).

[​IMG]

Siobhan, who's on a trial run to see if we can handle having three dogs. Great dog... but the three of them are pretty overwhelming.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

A whole chicken... gas... ewww..

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you take him home and he cries. yeah, real shocker there.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Dude, you should NEVER give a dog chicken bones. They are a choking hazard, and they splinter into shards that can tear up the digestive tract. Can be fatal, or at least painful and expensive. It's just not worth the risk.

9. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I doubt it was an intentional feed of bones ...

10. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Next thing you know, the damn thing might bark. Anything of value to add, Petty?

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

She stole the chicken off the kitchen counter.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Our beagle once was 2 seconds away from getting to the turkey on Thanksgiving. Before she tore both her ACL's in her hind legs, she could easily jump on the kitchen counter and was always a threat to steal the main course before dinner.

Draft saved Draft deleted