1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something big at SI?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by boundforboston, Aug 2, 2013.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Sports Illustrated did a website and magazine redesign in addition to helping Peter King launch his site. In this week's issue, the editor said SI will be releasing a long-form website (with stories and video) this fall. Anybody know anything about that?

2. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

This appears to be the first longform story designed this way, maybe the start of Sports Illustrated's new site or push: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/longform/speedy/?sct=hp_t11_a2&eref=sihp. I haven't seen previous stories designed this way.

3. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

The motto posted above the story: "Sports Illustrated: Longform Since 1954."

Meow.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Longform since 1954" ? ? ?

Poor mag. Feeling unloved.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

But I do like the formatting.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Good story. Has Thomas Lake been cleared for SJ membership yet

7. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

Excellent story and a great presentation. The video is obviously essential to the narrative, and I also liked the way the scrolling works, with the "gaps" that showed photos as you passed over them.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Follow-up story from the local paper today. Everybody denies everything, as you might expect:

http://annistonstar.com/view/full_story/23813223/article-New-article-in-Sports-Illustrated-opens-old-wounds-about-death-of-JHS-athlete-in-1972?instance=sports_top

Draft saved Draft deleted