1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something big at SI?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by boundforboston, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Sports Illustrated did a website and magazine redesign in addition to helping Peter King launch his site. In this week's issue, the editor said SI will be releasing a long-form website (with stories and video) this fall. Anybody know anything about that?
  2. This appears to be the first longform story designed this way, maybe the start of Sports Illustrated's new site or push: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/longform/speedy/?sct=hp_t11_a2&eref=sihp. I haven't seen previous stories designed this way.
  3. Screwball

Screwball Member

The motto posted above the story: "Sports Illustrated: Longform Since 1954."

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Longform since 1954" ? ? ?

Poor mag. Feeling unloved.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

But I do like the formatting.
  6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Good story. Has Thomas Lake been cleared for SJ membership yet
  7. Excellent story and a great presentation. The video is obviously essential to the narrative, and I also liked the way the scrolling works, with the "gaps" that showed photos as you passed over them.
  8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Follow-up story from the local paper today. Everybody denies everything, as you might expect:

Draft saved Draft deleted