1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Someone's going to get killed in my kids' high school parking lot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WolvEagle, Sep 29, 2009.

1. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Drip - My son is a senior and my daughter is a freshman (that's why I laughed so much at the speedbump comment). My son doesn't have his license yet, though he's got an 02 Ranger waiting for him in the driveway. We live in Michigan.

I was treated this afternoon to a fistfight between two young men right across from my car. The principal and rent-a-cops were there lickety-split. The principal looked really, really pissed.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Outstanding ... are you opening for Liza at the Sands?

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Muffy? Who names their kid Muffy?

4. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Spinited, most districts now put the radius out about 3 miles for busing. It's a money thing. a smaller radius means more kids ride, which means more buses and drivers are needed.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

This sounds like the parking lot at every high school in the country.

6. WolvEagle

Unfortunately, you're right.

7. WolvEagle

I saw after school today that several cars had tickets on them. The kids are supposed to buy permits. And, the last two days, there have been a lot fewer cars.

Looks like progress, at least for the time being.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

We called it Bumper Sliding but we did it in the winter on icy roads without a rope. Just grab the back bumper and hang on.

Yeah, I know, not real smart.

9. WolvEagle

Man, I was hoping I wouldn't have to rekindle this thread, but after school today, there was a fight right behind my car that spilled alongside my car. The dumbasses bounced off the car, inches from my daughter who was sitting in the back seat. Yes, they scratched my NEW CAR.

I sent a really nasty e-mail to the principal and CC'd the superintendent (I didn't involve him last time). I want my children to attend a safe school, damn it. Get the shitheads out of there! My son wants to graduate from this school in June. I'm seriously thinking about moving my daughter to a different high school in the district for her sophomore year. Eff this.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

They scratched the rod? WolvEagle, you had every right to open a can of whip ass. In that situation, I would've used strawberry flavored whip ass.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Did you call the cops wolv?

12. WolvEagle

There was a cop in the lot. He was there within about a minute. The rent-a-cops got there about 15 seconds before the cop.

Oh, and I just found out that there's a school board meeting tonight (I'm not going). Wonder if the super sees the e-mail before the meeting and hits the roof?

Draft saved Draft deleted